• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar copier

Fourwheelernut

Free Bird Player
Jul 1, 2022
Hi I am a new guitarist with musical background. I am going to be getting a Syn Custom S. I really like it and want to use it in a band me and my friend are forming. But dont want to feel as though Im a copy cat. I like the design and the custom look of it. I have looked into making my own guitar but cant quite get the whole idea of who to talk to about doing this. Also am on a restricted budget. Would I be a copy cat for using this guitar in preformances?

T

TheRedMageGuitarist

Hi I am a new guitarist with musical background. I am going to be getting a Syn Custom S. I really like it and want to use it in a band me and my friend are forming. But dont want to feel as though Im a copy cat. I like the design and the custom look of it. I have looked into making my own guitar but cant quite get the whole idea of who to talk to about doing this. Also am on a restricted budget. Would I be a copy cat for using this guitar in preformances?
If you don't wanna feel like a copycat, why would you even get a Custom S in the first place?
You love the guitar! So get it, and rock it shamelessly!
As far as who to talk to about doing it, most major cities have luthiers that would love to do this for you. Some may even ship if it's outside your state. Call up a reputable, local guitar repair shop and ask them if they do custom builds. Let them know what you're looking for. Don't do it if you're on a restricted budget. Have fun with the S, and rock it out!
I can assure you no one's gonna give a fuck about your guitar. And if they do? As papa gates says, "bring a little 'fuck you' attitude" on stage!

Reactions: Tunefulcathodic
Upvote 0