• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar picks

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Haven't seen Syn or Papa Gates mention anything about adding a signature set of picks to the store. I would be first in line to grab a pack along with many other people it seems. Hopefully they start selling some on the store once it comes back online. If you're wondering what picks he does/has used before though he has mentioned it before. He used 2mm Gator Grips for the most part up until post Nightmare Tour-Pre Hail To The King if I recall correctly. Then he switched over to .73mm Tortex's which are the yellow ones. I grabbed a pack of 2mm Gator Grips and didn't like them at all. I haven't picked up a set of the .73 Tortex's but I do have some .73mm Jazz III's that are made of Tortex. Highly recommend those.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brandon Jones

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Haven't seen Syn or Papa Gates mention anything about adding a signature set of picks to the store. I would be first in line to grab a pack along with many other people it seems. Hopefully they start selling some on the store once it comes back online. If you're wondering what picks he does/has used before though he has mentioned it before. He used 2mm Gator Grips for the most part up until post Nightmare Tour-Pre Hail To The King if I recall correctly. Then he switched over to .73mm Tortex's which are the yellow ones. I grabbed a pack of 2mm Gator Grips and didn't like them at all. I haven't picked up a set of the .73 Tortex's but I do have some .73mm Jazz III's that are made of Tortex. Highly recommend those.
    I have and use the gator grips 2.0 mm ones myself! I was just curious if they were contemplating adding some to the store once it came back online.

Reactions: Donovan Etue
    Upvote 0

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
    May 23, 2021
    Syn has popped down to .73mm picks since, I think, shortly before HttK. Blame the gypsy jazz!
    I received a pick from his family last year and a few he had in the studio a few weeks ago, all had artwork correlating to The Stage and all were 2mm picks. I also have picks from Syn and Zacky from a HTTK era tour that are 2mm. Not to say that he doesn't use and have custom .73mm's, but that's just what I've seen

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I received a pick from his family last year and a few he had in the studio a few weeks ago, all had artwork correlating to The Stage and all were 2mm picks. I also have picks from Syn and Zacky from a HTTK era tour that are 2mm. Not to say that he doesn't use and have custom .73mm's, but that's just what I've seen
    Maybe he switched back. Maybe he's a liar. A fraud. A charlatan.

It could go either way.

Reactions: Awex Came
    Upvote 0