• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar-Related Member Upgrades

J

Jak Angelescu

I would really, REALLY love for the member upgrades to be more guitar-oriented. The ads don't really bother me, the badges don't make a deal, and neither do the emojis. Kiko Loureiro, while having a lot of free lessons, has amazing perks on his site like exclusive lesson features, or even a developmental program that you get a new lesson each month to shuttle launch your growth, step by step. If we paid like $15/month and could get a small pick set sent out one month (with perhaps the badass Synner graphics on them?), a signed autograph the next, a Synner patch or pin set the next, and then a sticker collection after that or whatever... or even $30 a month and get a monthly live stream guitar session on YouTube from Syn or Papa. I'd bet Syn would have like 1,000+ people in there! And unlike Kiko, Syn has just diehard fans of A7X that would pay that just to be able to watch an exclusive live stream with him. I know I'd pay for that! I want something tangible for my membership. Like at a gym, I get to use the gym with my membership. They don't give me a badge or take ads away in my life. At my spa, I pay for a massage membership and I get massages with it, you know? I know for $9.95 there's the quarterly thing that happens. But it's not guitar-related and it involves the entire community leaders, not just Syn himself. Kiko went live last week (He just does it through YouTube) and taught "Best Way To Apply Bends and Vibratos" and he had over 4,000 viewers. I watch them every single week and learn so much from them! I would really appreciate something like that here.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
What the hell... this thread started so well with a well structured suggestion and then it just becomes... the fuck's this. Why the puppet show???
I did actually respond seriously at first but I continuously flip between serious and joking. Doesn't always need to be so serious

Attachments

• c48bfa3b1d33aa01ac7b7fde5bc67c17.jpeg
    c48bfa3b1d33aa01ac7b7fde5bc67c17.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: Gabby Heafy
Upvote 0

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I did actually respond seriously at first but I continuously flip between serious and joking. Doesn't always need to be so serious
    Don't mind me, I worship chaos. By all means, this is entertaining! I have my bucket of popcorn right beside me while I read all those threads 🙃

Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I would really, REALLY love for the member upgrades to be more guitar-oriented. The ads don't really bother me, the badges don't make a deal, and neither do the emojis. Kiko Loureiro, while having a lot of free lessons, has amazing perks on his site like exclusive lesson features, or even a developmental program that you get a new lesson each month to shuttle launch your growth, step by step. If we paid like $15/month and could get a small pick set sent out one month (with perhaps the badass Synner graphics on them?), a signed autograph the next, a Synner patch or pin set the next, and then a sticker collection after that or whatever... or even $30 a month and get a monthly live stream guitar session on YouTube from Syn or Papa. I'd bet Syn would have like 1,000+ people in there! And unlike Kiko, Syn has just diehard fans of A7X that would pay that just to be able to watch an exclusive live stream with him. I know I'd pay for that! I want something tangible for my membership. Like at a gym, I get to use the gym with my membership. They don't give me a badge or take ads away in my life. At my spa, I pay for a massage membership and I get massages with it, you know? I know for $9.95 there's the quarterly thing that happens. But it's not guitar-related and it involves the entire community leaders, not just Syn himself. Kiko went live last week (He just does it through YouTube) and taught "Best Way To Apply Bends and Vibratos" and he had over 4,000 viewers. I watch them every single week and learn so much from them! I would really appreciate something like that here.
    Even though I'm not a leader I've been trying to atleast make a theory video every week (on twitch) of my practicing new things learned. While most of that is revolved around me playing around with the beato book ive been trying to relate it here too. Right now I've been trying to memorize positions with back track jams but soon I'll start mixing in modes and scales over the arpeggios. I also try to watch all ric beato videos myself so I get what you're saying.

I can afford anything perk wise myself so thebinky issue with paid perks is the peoole who cant afford anything fall behind.

I'll also admit I didn't jump onto the paid account because it realistically didn't really help my guitar journey much. All the perks seemed more social like in bringing in newer viewers (which was 100% necessary and has brought a bunch new people in)

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I like the idea of something tangible and guitar-related. The realities of international shipping have an effect on physical things. I know one of Syn's BIGGEST things is that NONE of the lesson material is behind a pay wall, and I don't see that changing, but if he has the time, he could certainly sell a 15 or 30 minute personal lesson - maybe a fee for that, but SIGNIFICANTLY lower cost for students who are GENUINELY active on the site and forum with meaningful content. Not sure how that could be measured or quantified, but that could be some kind of consideration?

Upvote 0
    J

Jak Angelescu

I like the idea of something tangible and guitar-related. The realities of international shipping have an effect on physical things. I know one of Syn's BIGGEST things is that NONE of the lesson material is behind a pay wall, and I don't see that changing, but if he has the time, he could certainly sell a 15 or 30 minute personal lesson - maybe a fee for that, but SIGNIFICANTLY lower cost for students who are GENUINELY active on the site and forum with meaningful content. Not sure how that could be measured or quantified, but that could be some kind of consideration?
    I think it could definitely work with something like that. I forgot about international shipping. I went to go send Millie a small package that weighed 3 oz and it was like $22 to send it 😖

Upvote 0

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I think it could definitely work with something like that. I forgot about international shipping. I went to go send Millie a small package that weighed 3 oz and it was like $22 to send it 😖
    International shipping is a bitch and not my bitch unfortunately. It always makes me think twice before I order anything form syn or Avenged 😅

Shipping I about as much as a T-shirt and than the important taxes are added to it too. I think the shipping was more than the value of the actual annual care package 😅

Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    The anual package was something I didn't know about and was a huge surprise to me. I have no idea what was in it. So I can't say if it would have been worth the 100 dollars. (Probably 130 can but shipping evens out to 100). Knowing the package was there I may have taken the risk on the 100. But there was so much I invested in this year to replace loss damages. I dont know if I would have done it anyways. (I wouldn't object to someone telling me their secret ;)

I know shipping would be a bitch to deal with monthly. I think the video things would be best. You have tons of volunteers here that would do it. I honestly wouldn't be against doing it. I basically just go live myself on twitch and make my jams live regardless of anyone watching. I get random viewers there. I usually share the video.. altho I'm honestly not sure how many people really watch them. I realize they are long. I try to advertise. Nocentz77.

I'd be live more often but so much work had been put into Ryan's tracks i havent spent much time on other stuff. Especially theory related. I'll have to take a break today tho because my shoulder kills from all the practicing ive been doing of these songs lol.

A bit of advice.. Ryan likes to change tempos a LOT mid riff.. ive noticed a lot of situations where his cousin (our other guitarist) has told me he had issues with that.. working with the metronome on the spot has really helped me find his changes and work them into the riffs I've been writing. I couldn't say I'd be this confident in that if I did NOT use the metronome annoyingly everytime I jam and practice. Infact it's Ryan who's saying he's dreading the practicing with it now lol. But honestly as the drummer I'm not sure how much of the metronome you really use when you basically are the metronome. Id imagine something on your beat becomes the metronome in the song. The rev was a master at that.

Upvote 0

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia

Perhaps a monthly FAQ? First week of the month Legendary members submit their guitar related questions and at the end of the month Syn and/or Papa put up a video answering a selection of the questions? Maybe video lessons that dig a little deeper into some of the free theory and technique lessons?

As you say, international shipping costs make regular physical perks unsustainable long term.

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

Perhaps a monthly FAQ? First week of the month Legendary members submit their guitar related questions and at the end of the month Syn and/or Papa put up a video answering a selection of the questions? Maybe video lessons that dig a little deeper into some of the free theory and technique lessons?

As you say, international shipping costs make regular physical perks unsustainable long term.
    THAT is a great idea!

Upvote 0

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    The anual package was something I didn't know about and was a huge surprise to me. I have no idea what was in it. So I can't say if it would have been worth the 100 dollars. (Probably 130 can but shipping evens out to 100). Knowing the package was there I may have taken the risk on the 100. But there was so much I invested in this year to replace loss damages. I dont know if I would have done it anyways. (I wouldn't object to someone telling me their secret ;)

I know shipping would be a bitch to deal with monthly. I think the video things would be best. You have tons of volunteers here that would do it. I honestly wouldn't be against doing it. I basically just go live myself on twitch and make my jams live regardless of anyone watching. I get random viewers there. I usually share the video.. altho I'm honestly not sure how many people really watch them. I realize they are long. I try to advertise. Nocentz77.

I'd be live more often but so much work had been put into Ryan's tracks i havent spent much time on other stuff. Especially theory related. I'll have to take a break today tho because my shoulder kills from all the practicing ive been doing of these songs lol.

A bit of advice.. Ryan likes to change tempos a LOT mid riff.. ive noticed a lot of situations where his cousin (our other guitarist) has told me he had issues with that.. working with the metronome on the spot has really helped me find his changes and work them into the riffs I've been writing. I couldn't say I'd be this confident in that if I did NOT use the metronome annoyingly everytime I jam and practice. Infact it's Ryan who's saying he's dreading the practicing with it now lol. But honestly as the drummer I'm not sure how much of the metronome you really use when you basically are the metronome. Id imagine something on your beat becomes the metronome in the song. The rev
    THAT is a great idea!
    Indeed ! Students really do want that interaction with Syn.

Upvote 0

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    The thing for me, besides the shipping that is indeed a b*tch, is the currency exchange. That's why I don't buy more stuff from the $ynner store. 1 USD = 5,37 BRL, and I'm poor. 😖
    If it was something tangible, like Ed said... if it wasn't a monthly thing... I think it could work fine. Calvin talked about many people feel left out, 'cause they can't afford it, and I agree with that, so a monthly thing wouldn't work, in my opinion. But it would surely be nice to receive a little something (a little pick set or a pin, like Jak said) every now and then.

Upvote 0
    J

Jak Angelescu

The thing for me, besides the shipping that is indeed a b*tch, is the currency exchange. That's why I don't buy more stuff from the $ynner store. 1 USD = 5,37 BRL, and I'm poor. 😖
    If it was something tangible, like Ed said... if it wasn't a monthly thing... I think it could work fine. Calvin talked about many people feel left out, 'cause they can't afford it, and I agree with that, so a monthly thing wouldn't work, in my opinion. But it would surely be nice to receive a little something (a little pick set or a pin, like Jak said) every now and then.
    I get it. And it's so sad. Bill was down in Brazil with his singer for Christmas and I sent them $25 USD each and I asked Bill "Is this going to be enough?" I didn't know. But he said i essentially gave him enough to treat he and his family for dinner three times.

I know Brazil struggles. It's so sad.

Upvote 0