• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar suggestion

TrentNWM

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 15, 2019
    If you're in a metal band and you're looking for something that can reflect that, look no further than Schecter. It's an amazing brand (that even SynGates has been using for years) and even I use a Schecter on a daily basis. If you're looking for the deep, awesome distorted rhythm I recommend any guitar on the site, and you can even find some for a really good price. I bought the Schecter Omen-Extreme 6, it does have passive pickups though (even though they're not active they still have really good gain). I recommend this guitar if you plan on playing a lot of rhythm since this guitar makes it easy for you. If you're playing lead, I recommend finding a used Sun-Valley Shredder or try to find a used Blackjack model. Both awesome guitars that have some really good bite force. What I've found the best about Schecter is that they get some really nice blues and jazz tones (which is kinda weird considering they're often used for metal).

Upvote 0

Thomas Gaines

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I am in a metal band. I have searched myself but I don't have so much experience with chosing a new guitar. I am thinking of a guitar with high gain pickups within the price range of 900 dollars. Any suggestions?
    Morning sir. Have you thought about the used market? Reverb (reverb.com) has tons of great guitars fitting your needs in good shape by all manufacturers. There are several Wylde Audio Guitars (also distributed through Schecter) that would meet your needs. 👍🏻

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0

owen817

Garage band Groupie
  • Jan 24, 2022
    Fort Worth, TX
    A great guitar in the price range would be the Damien. I personally prefer the Omen 6 but pretty much anything from Schecter will work out great for you. They all already come with some hot pups and there are some that are also active if thats what you like.

Attachments

• 20220209_183014.jpg
      20220209_183014.jpg
      386.5 KB · Views: 87
    Upvote 0