• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar Upgrades

Gabriel Perez

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    open.spotify.com
    If you look at my profile picture you'll see a JS-22 Jackson Dinky. This is my primary guitar. I have Seymour Duncan Invaders and Mad Hatter Guitar Products Terminator SVST-IBZ electronics inside. I'm looking to buy a bridge replacement and some locking tuners. The bridge is a two point fulcrum vintage style tremolo bridge. I just need something with better tuning stability and sustain. I was thinking of getting the Babicz Two Point Bridge or a Hipshot US Contour. I'd love some recommendations! Thank you!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Not familiar with Babicz, so I can't comment. The Hipshot bridges are really nice. The Contour looks like the right one for your fretboard profile, but be VERY careful and measurey before you buy - filling and drilling new post holes is dangerous work. The Contour is built for posts 2.22 inches from center to center, meaning from the center of one post to the center of the other. If your Dinky's posts are different, it won't work. Center to center is hard to measure, but you can do outside edge to inside edge and get the same measurement.

The one Ids posted a link for would DEFINITELY require drilling, as it's made more as a replacement for a six-point mount.

I put locking tuners on every guitar I own, even if I plan to sell it. No better upgrade! I am partial to Hipshots there.