• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitars for Classical Position?

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Hey guys and gals, I've been learning to play guitar since March and have enjoyed it immensely. With it coming up on a year since I started I have begun looking for my second guitar. I play in classical position due to it being just easier for me to play decently that way. A few of the guitars I've been looking into have been the Schecter PT Pro and the Schecter E-1 Special. Does anyone have experience with these guitars or similar guitars and are they comfortable to play with in classical position? Hope you guys are having a good day/evening!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I instinctively started playing in Classical Position and switched later. So it's Not really important but I'm Sure you could Switch easily If you wanted to Work on it.

To your actual question, the pt Looks fine to me, I don't have a Problem playing strats in Classical Position so a Tele should Work as Well. Not Sure about the Explorer though. Have you looked Into V Models? You basicly have to Play them Classical

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I instinctively started playing in Classical Position and switched later. So it's Not really important but I'm Sure you could Switch easily If you wanted to Work on it.

To your actual question, the pt Looks fine to me, I don't have a Problem playing strats in Classical Position so a Tele should Work as Well. Not Sure about the Explorer though. Have you looked Into V Models? You basicly have to Play them Classical
    I started out using the way shown on the video on here by PG then swapped over when I was trying to learn Descending by lamb of God. One of the stretches was just too long for me initially but when I swapped over to classical it became easy as pie! So I've been using classical for about 5 months now and prefer it now. I've been debating whether a V would be right for me but you see I don't know if it would be comfortable to play or not to me. They definitely look awesome though. I thought the PT would be fine but since I'm only used to my RG currently I wanted to make sure I had a general idea on fit before ordering. Thanks for the help Dominick!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I started out using the way shown on the video on here by PG then swapped over when I was trying to learn Descending by lamb of God. One of the stretches was just too long for me initially but when I swapped over to classical it became easy as pie! So I've been using classical for about 5 months now and prefer it now. I've been debating whether a V would be right for me but you see I don't know if it would be comfortable to play or not to me. They definitely look awesome though. I thought the PT would be fine but since I'm only used to my RG currently I wanted to make sure I had a general idea on fit before ordering. Thanks for the help Dominick!
    Do you have a guitar store close to you? Or if you are from Europe you could order a guitar from thomann and test it and sent it back if you don't like it. No one can really tell you what's the most comfortable for YOU besides you. So maybe you find a way to try out a couple of different shaped instruments before making a decision :)

Reactions: Donovan Etue

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Do you have a guitar store close to you? Or if you are from Europe you could order a guitar from thomann and test it and sent it back if you don't like it. No one can really tell you what's the most comfortable for YOU besides you. So maybe you find a way to try out a couple of different shaped instruments before making a decision :)
    It's about 60 miles away so not really. Especially since the weather has turned shitty in the last 2 weeks especially. Drivers driving like it's in GTA or they're driving like it's bumper cars haha. Yeah I understand that no one is identical to me and so what is comfortable to me may be different to someone else. Might just end up taking the risk and ordering one of them haha. I doubt most guitars that aren't BC Rich level of pointy are too uncomfortable in Classical Position.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    It's about 60 miles away so not really. Especially since the weather has turned shitty in the last 2 weeks especially. Drivers driving like it's in GTA or they're driving like it's bumper cars haha. Yeah I understand that no one is identical to me and so what is comfortable to me may be different to someone else. Might just end up taking the risk and ordering one of them haha. I doubt most guitars that aren't BC Rich level of pointy are too uncomfortable in Classical Position.
    Let us know how you decide!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Flying V’s for the win! I have the brendon small snow falcon, and duuuude V’s are it for classical positioning. I know im tardy to the party but i second the V’s!
    Don't worry man, you aren't late to the party! I've seen a ton of people regularly recommend a V or Rhoads for Classical. Definitely going to have to check one out here soon. By the way I took a look at that Snow Falcon and wow that looks awesome!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    I would have Loved to own a snow Falcon. But I don't have any Money for it and it's Sold Out on Thomann :/
    Yeah man i got it when they were still in production and i love it, apart from my explorer it’s absolutely incredible for leads! If you ever find one for a good price jump on it!

• Love

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Don't worry man, you aren't late to the party! I've seen a ton of people regularly recommend a V or Rhoads for Classical. Definitely going to have to check one out here soon. By the way I took a look at that Snow Falcon and wow that looks awesome!
    Dude its awesome! Classic V shape, and im a huge fan of dethklok/Metalocalypse/galaktikon so it was worth it!