• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

GUYS... LOOK WHAT SOMEONE DID FOR ME

• Thread starter TheRedMageGuitarist
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheRedMageGuitarist

I noticed this morning that gifting upgrades was an option. @Audentio , you really outdid yourself with this. This was asked for so many times on how students could gift other students upgrades and you did it!
Thank you very much for that! Then I just checked this website and saw that I was fortunate enough to have a kind student gift one to me! I didn't know if they wanted me to make their name public, but I'm sure they will see this forum and if they want to make their name public then they are more than welcome to comment on it. I just wanted to let that student know that I love them so much and after some really serious shit that just happened to me this was definitely a wonderful heartwarming gift. I love you my man and thank you!
20211203_134245.jpg

alexj

Community Manager
Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    Hey everyone! Glad you guys are excited about the gift upgrades feature we're in the process of adding :) That feature is still in the works right now so you might see it change a little bit over the next few days as we're finalizing everything, but as soon as we get everything in place anyone will be able to gift upgrades to other students!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I got gifted as well but I'm confused because I was already a legend (I really appreciate the kind gesture and let the person know about it tho), it say the name of the person that gifted me. But since I was already a legend I'm also wondering if this might be a bug or something?

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    I got gifted as well but I'm confused because I was already a legend (I really appreciate the kind gesture and let the person know about it tho), it say the name of the person that gifted me. But since I was already a legend I'm also wondering if this might be a bug or something?
    I was wondering this same thing!

T

TheRedMageGuitarist

I'm a little confused. Everyone else has the legend icon that's popping up by their name. But mine isn't showing up. I tried figuring out if I had to select the upgrade but I don't know how to do it?

Reactions: ari.mac
    T

TheRedMageGuitarist

Hey guys, I am not 100% sure of everything that's happening on the tech side. I will try to inform myself on what that was about.

Sorry for the confusion. I will try to come back with a clearer answer as to what this is all about!
    Thank you my man! I mean I'm pretty sure that this student could win an excellent round of double jeopardy and treat us all lol. But I didn't know if that was the true case or not

Mike Creuzer

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Someone, I won't see who (but they know :p) spam clicked a feature that wasnt supposed to be there "A Free Account" :p. So, ignore that. We disabled it temporarily. Im hoping if Apple approves, and we get in-app purchases working with them, we can enable it for next weeks event.

• Haha
    Reactions: Batbia and ari.mac

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    You can take the gift that was given to me and you can give it to someone else. I appreciate the gift from will but its essentially was a waste of my time when things from 2 years ago are held against me regardless of my attempts to better myself and others.

Let alone not even advertising it and lying to me as to why I didn't get a stream. Communication was horrible and I never would have bothered if I knew I was an instant fail.

• Sad
    Reactions: TheRedMageGuitarist

Mike Creuzer

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    You can take the gift that was given to me and you can give it to someone else. I appreciate the gift from will but its essentially was a waste of my time when things from 2 years ago are held against me regardless of my attempts to better myself and others.

Let alone not even advertising it and lying to me as to why I didn't get a stream. Communication was horrible and I never would have bothered if I knew I was an instant fail.
    I'm sorry that's likely my fault. The team here has to pick up slack when I can't get something done in time. The reason not everyone got a stream was rather simple: our provider limited us to I think five. Over time if streaming proves to make money for the site and people enjoy it, we can likely increase that number. As long as everyone is ok with it I'm sure you can reapply to get one and I'll personally help onboard you if you get accepted. I'm late I know, it's coming.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com

None of this is remotely true. The simple truth is that even those of us who were around and in leadership for the site two years ago completely forgot you'd even gotten a warning back then (we had to look it up to see what you were talking about). The truth is that there are limited slots and we had to vote on who we felt would be the best fit for the launch of the feature. As it matures, other slots will open up, and you'll have another shot then.

You have my word that 2 years ago literally never once came up. Reach out to me in Direct Message if you'd like to discuss further. I would have preferred to have kept this there in the first place, but you posted on a public thread about it. Thanks, Calvin!

T

TheRedMageGuitarist

I know you're really upset Calvin. And I'm sorry that you are. What's good is that you were able to express your frustrations, and I'm glad you did. Hopefully things will work out for you and you and Ed can talk things out privately🙏

Status
    Not open for further replies.