• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Gypsy jazz scales/arpeggios

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Basically I've been using harmonic minor, melodic minor and the blues scale over the minor6 chords and phrygian dominant and double harmonic major over the dominant 7th chords.

For Arpeggios I use triads and minor 9th Arpeggios and been thinking about using Arpeggios that work over the substitution of the minor6 Chords. And diminished and augmented arpeggios over the dominant 7th chords(especially combining the two sounds really cool).

I did some study evading just now and spend about 30 minutes figuring out the 4th mode of the double harmonic major scale(Hungarian minor scale) and started wondering whether you could use that scale over the minor6 chord? The 6th is missing but it does have the minor triad in it.

Does anyone have any other scales/arpeggios over those chords? I have tried super locrian too but haven't found a way it sounds nice to my ear for that one.