• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

''Hail to the King'' and what I actually do in life

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Hello again everyone!

So for those who were at my workshop, I mentioned that one of my jobs is technical director in a high school. Now I have been very busy in that department of my life as i'm working on different projects with those kids (teenagers but what's the difference :p). Anyways, I want to tell you a story and give you a glimpse of what I do outside the school and my other other projects! (@Alicia Willis you will love this story)

So, I actually started at this job in September 2019 and it was weird at first because I didn't have much experience. But I continued and learned to really love this job. So I met this kid called Steven in my music classes. He was wearing a motley cure shirt blasting some megadeth and he was noodling around his guitar. Cool kid I thought. So as the year goes on, I start to prepare for that year's talent show and Steven comes to me bugging me to play some metallica songs with him for the talent show.

Of course, I then reply: ''Nah kid. I'm probably too expansive and you can't afford my amazing musical skills.''

He then replies: '' Dude, the school pays you to do this. You are contractually obligated to do what is best for the student's interest.''

Well turns out that this little bugger was right. So I agreed. Also because I really wanted to blast some heavy metal in the other kids face who have never seen a metal show. So we decided to go with ''For whom the bell tolls and nothing else matters'' (You have to start slow, can't just go straight with blackened).

Unfortunately, 2 weeks before the talent show, the world went to shit and everything closed down because of a virus that we can't even see with our own eyes. (Oh but of course we keep thinking that we are the superior specie and that we are smart and shit...right. Anyways.) So that was it. Then my life went even more to hell but that's another story for another time (maybe).... and plus I came back stronger and better and I became the supreme hairless being that y'all came to be annoyed by yet most of you still came to my workshop. Uhm.

So anyways, I got my job back at the school last February. My task, amongst many others, was to do a virtual video talent show to encourage student who are musician/dancer/artistic to have arts at school and to be active.

See, and I speak from first hand experience, the people that no one really talks about are the young high schoolers who already don't like to go to school (i mean who does between the age of 12-17) and who are then told that there shall be no activities just their classes and that's it. And during their free time, they can't go out to see their friends or do anything except spend entire days in front of a screen. They are all depressed. All of them. Things will go back to normal but still, this will leave a trace.

Anyhow, while I can't do anything for every student individually, What I could do is for those interested to perform is to film/record them and do an edit so it can be shown or whatever which is exactly what i have been doing for the past months.

And so Steven hears about this and came to see me and asks me: ''Can we do a song together?''

I said: ''Yeah, what do you want to play?''

''Hail to the King''

Hail to the king it is.

(Please, keep in mind that he's a teenager who's having fun.)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    This is awesome, love the story!
    Thanks Ids!
    Yo every school could be proud to have you in its Team!
    And Steven rocked this!
    Well, I like to make the experience as cool as I would have wanted it to be back then! But thanks dude!
    haha you are amazing Rabu!!! ❤️ :rock-hand: I loved the crown you are wearing! 👑👑
    Thank you so much Gabby, it means a lot!! 💜 and yeah, I am actually considering wearing the crown all the time now...
    What a beatiful story!!! 🖤 Good job Radu!!!!!
    Steven smashed this 🤘🤘🤘🤘
    Thanks Ari!!! And I agree, he's great. Amazing kid!!!

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    YES!!!!! Steven finally got his moment ! 😭 💕
    He fucking had! And no worries, we are actually doing a good version of the first solo he did that you saw! This friday we are shooting!!
    This is SO cool! 🤩👏 you two really rocked it, AMAZING performance! :rock-hand:
    Thank you so so much!!!
    This is incredible!!! Awesome work man, and very well done to Steven!!! :rock-hand::skull::rock-hand:
    Thanks Millie, I will be sure to send those messages to him!!
    Loved the story, loved the video! 👏😮
    Oh, and tell Steven I noticed some great rockstar attitude in him 😎:rock-hand:
    He definitely has the attitude!! He's a great kid and really talented!

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    This is awesome!!!!:love::love:
    Thanks dude!! :rock-hand::rock-hand:
    Well, this is so awesome that I will refrain myself from poking fun at you today.
    But only today. Tomorrow, everything will go back to normal. :syn:
    Great story and great video, Radu! Steven is a very talented kid and he will go far in the musical field! :rock-hand:
    I expect nothing less of you. Though odds are, im still not gonna be impressed by what you will probably do...

Thank you so much! Yes he is and I am sure that he will accomplish whatever he will set himself to do!! :giggle::giggle:

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Thanks Ids!

Well, I like to make the experience as cool as I would have wanted it to be back then! But thanks dude!

Thank you so much Gabby, it means a lot!! 💜 and yeah, I am actually considering wearing the crown all the time now...

Thanks Ari!!! And I agree, he's great. Amazing kid!!!
    hahahaha hail to the king baby! :rock-hand: that crown definitely goes with your look 😋👑

• Love
    Reactions: Rad Synner

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Omg !!!! You HAVE to let me see the final cut of the solo he originally did ! I’ve been rooting for Steven since the get go ! I hate he missed his opportunity to play on stage with his peers but this more than makes up for it ! It would have won 1st place hands down !
    Will do since I know how much you wanted him to win!! But to be truthful, he hasn't missed that much. This year seems a bit boring but it is what it is 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: omg it's true hahaha you could wear the wig and the crown at the same time and change the crown for the hat when you get bored hahaha
    you have to share these types of videos more often 🙌 😍
    The possibilities are endless.... imagine all the trends I could start!

And yeah don't worry! You know im always working on something!! It will all come out sooner or later :giggle:

• Love
    Reactions: Gabby Heafy