• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hail to the King Intro Tutorial and Finger/Pinky Exercises

J

Jak Angelescu

Alright guys! Here’s my tutorial on the Hail to the King intro. Hopefully it helps.. I go through some (and I mean like, 10%) of the finger exercises I do to help with this song and other things. Boy, I give massive props to Papa Gates, teaching on a camera is hard and intimidating! Hopefully you guys get use out of it 🙂

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Nice lesson! Funny what you say about playing with the amp off. I’ve been doing that pretty much since the start(usually because it was either late or because I should actially study and did not want my mom to hear me play guitar instead of studying😅) playing without an amp is also a good way to develop vibrato

Synner Endless Summer Collection
J

Jak Angelescu

@DonnieKeeney LOOOOLLL… That’s too funny!!
To the others asking about how I learned it, it was an enormous combination of YouTube videos, tabs, tab books, and spending hours trying to figure it out as most I felt sounded wrong. As far as HOW he plays it was chalked up to recording the big screen closeups of his fingers during live performances instead of actually watching him on stage 🙂 And thank you all for the awesome comments 🙂

Synner Endless Summer Collection