• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Happy New Year! Check up.

Ian _Invader

Music Theory Bragger
  • Feb 5, 2021
    Schoolcraft Michigan
    Hey Everyone! Happy New Year!

Recently, I've noticed a bit of decline from some of the members on here and it's a bit of a downer.
    That being said how is everyone doing? How has everyone's musical journey changed this year?
    What has everyone been listening to recently and how has it effected your playing?
    Or if you just want to give a life update and just a message of how you've been doing : )
    I miss the excitement of everyone on here and hopefully Papa Gates and Syn will see this and
    help spark some excitement back on here!
    Either way I hope everyone is well and I'm so glad to be on here in the twisted Synner family
    with so many other great people : )

Again Happy New Years and Be Safe!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I think the issues with the videos kept a number of great, active members away for some time. It was frustrating. We also generally get slowdowns during the Holidays - folks are just more attuned to family activities and living outside their normal schedules, and very often, guitar is what suffers from that.

With the videos mostly back up (still waiting on SoundSlice sync) and it being January, we should see things start a return to normal.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Nice check in ! Like Ed said, the holidays have always created a little lull here so it’s to be expected along with the videos being down.
    hoping 2023 comes back with a bang for everyone!

My musical journey was pretty much put on hault this year, and I do not regret it. Time spent with family was a necessity. But I do enjoy popping in and seeing the progress that is being made by others even if I am not as vocal about it as I used to be. I’m still watching and learning so much from the crazy kiddos who are here. 😊

How has your year been ? Anything exciting or any “lightbulb” moments you want to share ?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Anything exciting or any “lightbulb” moments you want to share ?

I finally put my ego in check and allowed someone to push me to go WAY farther back to basics than I ever would have thought was necessary, and that's made a LOT of my hand sync click. I still have a lot of work to build up the speed again, but I'm doing things I was never able to before, and that feels good.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Richard O'connor

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Birmingham, England.
    It's been a while since I logged into this so i thought this would be a good post to say hello and reintroduce myself, I'm amazed at how the site has changed from when I was here when it first started.

Im Richard and i've played guitar for well over 20 years (i started young). My favourite bands are Guns N' Roses, Alter Bridge and of course Avenged Sevenfold.
    Im looking forward to getting to know everyone on here, new faces and old and looking forward to diving into what is now a completely different animal to what it was a few years ago.

I think over the last few years whilst i haven't been logged on here my playing has definitely suffered as i've put more time and effort into songwriting and putting those ideas into demo's, so i think it will be good to go back to basics and build up those chops from the beginning.

*2023 - new year, new me chops as the kids would say*