• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Harmonics

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    First, he's a truly amazing guitarist with a beautiful touch and control.

The technique itself is simple harmonics, but how he's doing it is different than how most use it or most learn it. If you notice, he's picking each string with thumb and middle or ring finger, and using the index (pointing) finger to do the harmonic mechanics.

I checked with the clunkier pick in one hand and index finger from the fretting hand, and there IS definitely a harmonic just a few centimeters in front of the typical pick location. He's just being very careful to place his plucking/picking hand exactly where it needs to be to achieve the harmonic with his index finger.

It's a sweet technique, and I don't know that I've ever seen it before, but it's cool as hell.

Reactions: Tenn
    Upvote 0

Tenn

New Student
    Mar 21, 2023
    First, he's a truly amazing guitarist with a beautiful touch and control.

The technique itself is simple harmonics, but how he's doing it is different than how most use it or most learn it. If you notice, he's picking each string with thumb and middle or ring finger, and using the index (pointing) finger to do the harmonic mechanics.

I checked with the clunkier pick in one hand and index finger from the fretting hand, and there IS definitely a harmonic just a few centimeters in front of the typical pick location. He's just being very careful to place his plucking/picking hand exactly where it needs to be to achieve the harmonic with his index finger.

It's a sweet technique, and I don't know that I've ever seen it before, but it's cool as hell.
    Thanks

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0