• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Harmony analysis videos

Which of these songs would you like an harmony abyss and tutorial for ?(multiple choices possible)

• Avenged sevenfold - Danger Line

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • John Mayer - Ain't No Sunshine

• SRV - Come on(Part III)

• Tenacious D - Tribute

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
For those of you who don't know I used to make a video every week analyzing the harmony of a song and would pick a section of the song to make a tutorial there.

Life got a bit overwhelming in the sense that I had a master thesis to finish, have been dealing with a trauma for 4 years that came to the surface and a couple of other stuff so I stopped doing them.

At the moment I'm feeling better and my thesis is finished so I feel like I want to make these again. Especially since I was practicing today and felt a little tired so I spontaneously made one for Blues for Ike and quite enjoyed making it.

Now, on the contrary of how I did it before with polls now I'm just gonna make them for songs I'm learning if I feel like it without a specific deadline (so it's not gonna be weekly or biweekly just completely random) of course if I'm learning/learned a song you guys are specificaly interested in you can just request a harmony analysis and tutorial and I can make one if I have the time.

Now to get started I figured I'd list the next five songs on my list here and all of you can indicate whether you'd be interested in a harmony analysis and tutorial for these songs

If you have a specific section you would like to see a tutorial for please specify because I most likely won't make a tutorial for the full song 😅

If any of these don't get requested I may just make a video + tutorial for shit and giggles but if they do get requested I can schedule some time to make sure it gets one 😅

Also, thanks to the gypsy jazz transfusion club I adopted the less head more.guitar philosophy and I found a way to do the tutorials like that too so hopefully those will show my fretting hand a little bit better now too

Last edited: