• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Have you forgotten how to play your instrument on stage? I have

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    The title pretty much says it all.

I wanted to share something that happened to me today because it honestly is something that I feel is worth sharing AND actually showing. So, today was the Christmas show at my school and I was set to play ''hey Jude'' with teachers on stage. I wanted to do it just for fun and because why not. I've been playing keyboard for 5 month, been singing as well and just wanted to go for it.

Okay so what actually happened? Well, I was stressing before I went on stage and started doubting myself a bit. And so, when I went in front of the keyboard and it was my time to play, I legit completely forgot what I was supposed to do. Not joking, I had a giant blank and I couldn't figure it out for a solid minute. So what was going in my head? Panic. Absolute panic. I wanted to check my phone to remember but it wasn't with me, it was actually filming this! I DID think about leaving the stage in shame but... nah not my thing. When everything goes wrong, the show must go on. We must find a way. Eventually I got around to starting it and we did the song and all was good.

But here's the kicker for you guys: as I mentioned, I was filming it! So here's the video.

Now a bit of context, this is in french of course because I live in a french speaking part of the world. The people alongside me on stage who are talking to me may seem like they are aggressive towards me by the way they speak BUT it was actually all part of a skit where I would come on stage and insult them and blablabla so just so you know, nobody was in any ways shape or form mad at me or anything. It's ALL good fun!

So at the end of the day, I just wanted to share this because, well, it happens! And honestly, hours after it happened, I am just laughing about it and I will practice more for the next performance.

It's all about having fun!
    Insulting french people? Where do I sign in??

Also pro Tip: can't forget how to play on stage if there is no stage