• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hello Everyone

hades

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Dec 13, 2021
    Hi all! I'd like to introduce myself as I've been rather active albeit not posting much because I don't have much to offer at the moment.

I generally go by my nickname Erv, which is what you can call me if ya want. I'm 27 and I've been playing guitar for about 3 whole weeks now, and I gotta say, it feels amazing. I suck but being able to play music just feels special. I've been rocking out with a cheapo les paul style guitar and I use Bias FX 2 w/ a Scarlett Solo to get all my tones. It's been working out super well for me, and I love it.

My day job is a software engineer for a big internet infrastructure provider. I do mainly backend work so creating the actual platforms themselves that websites, and such are hosted on. I live outside Atlanta, and I'm rather new here. Just moved here last June and it's been pretty cool. I was born in Texas to an Army dad originally from Huntington Beach and we moved around a bit because of the Army.

Currently learning the CAGED system and it's been really fun. Bar chords are hard :) I usually practice around 2-3 hours per day because I am really excited about getting better. My fingers are already calloused to hell so I don't even feel the strings anymore which is nice. For my first song I'm learning For Whom The Bell Tolls. I can play a good 80% of it, however, the 3-2-1-0 power chord progression at the beginning is really beating me up. I can't seem to move up the neck fast enough, but other than that it's all good. I also started learning the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine which is a lot of fun to play and I seem to use it as a picking exercise more than learning the song.

Anyways, I've rambled enough. This seems like a great community with a ton of super supportive users! I love that Syn and Papa put this all together because it has been incredible for me so far, and many others I'm sure. I hope to learn a lot and contribute as much as I can too, all while having a great time.

Thank you all! 🦇

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Hey Erv! I'm really stoked you decided to come and be active! No worries dude, be as active as you need to be just know that you're welcome to share your thoughts or ask about anything at anytime! :)

And yeah, seems you are just starting your guitar journey! i'm stoked to hear you are enjoying it so far and yeah, some things might be difficult like I know what you mean about that part in ''for whom the bell tolls''! Be patient with yourself, these things take time BUT you will get there in due time!

I'm pretty sure I heard at one point that the into to sweet child o mine was just a warm up for slash but then they turned it into what it is today so definitely a good place to start with picking exercise!

Anyhow, looking forward to see you around!

megalizzie

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2021
    Virginia
    What’s up man! Welcome to the fam, we’re super glad to have you here.
    I love the dedication and the practice time! If you feel like it, we have a really chill no-pressure media area where you can post anything you want music-wise - we love supporting each other’s progress. Can’t wait to see how you improve with all your hard work!
    Welcome to Synner :rock-hand:

hades

• Dec 13, 2021
    I appreciate it!!

@Radu-Cristian Perde That is really cool to know! I've just always enjoyed the song a ton, probably in my top 5 songs. It has some decent speed to it with some string skipping and alternate picking so it's been pretty helpful. Plus it sounds awesome.

As far as FWTBT goes I think so far it has been teaching me some cool techniques as well. I've been trying to set realistic expectations for myself. I don't imagine I will be comfortable until about 3-4 months of consistent practice.

@megalizzie I appreciate it! Hopefully I'll feel comfortable enough to post there within time. I've been taking short videos of practice sessions every now and then so I can track progress. Maybe I'll make a montage and upload it one of these days.

• Love
    Reactions: Rad Synner
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Riff36

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Jan 2, 2022
    🇸🇬 Singapore 🇸🇬
    Hi all! I'd like to introduce myself as I've been rather active albeit not posting much because I don't have much to offer at the moment.

I generally go by my nickname Erv, which is what you can call me if ya want. I'm 27 and I've been playing guitar for about 3 whole weeks now, and I gotta say, it feels amazing. I suck but being able to play music just feels special. I've been rocking out with a cheapo les paul style guitar and I use Bias FX 2 w/ a Scarlett Solo to get all my tones. It's been working out super well for me, and I love it.

My day job is a software engineer for a big internet infrastructure provider. I do mainly backend work so creating the actual platforms themselves that websites, and such are hosted on. I live outside Atlanta, and I'm rather new here. Just moved here last June and it's been pretty cool. I was born in Texas to an Army dad originally from Huntington Beach and we moved around a bit because of the Army.

Currently learning the CAGED system and it's been really fun. Bar chords are hard :) I usually practice around 2-3 hours per day because I am really excited about getting better. My fingers are already calloused to hell so I don't even feel the strings anymore which is nice. For my first song I'm learning For Whom The Bell Tolls. I can play a good 80% of it, however, the 3-2-1-0 power chord progression at the beginning is really beating me up. I can't seem to move up the neck fast enough, but other than that it's all good. I also started learning the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine which is a lot of fun to play and I seem to use it as a picking exercise more than learning the song.

Anyways, I've rambled enough. This seems like a great community with a ton of super supportive users! I love that Syn and Papa put this all together because it has been incredible for me so far, and many others I'm sure. I hope to learn a lot and contribute as much as I can too, all while having a great time.

Thank you all! 🦇

Welcome brotha! It doesnt matter wether u r new or a legend in your society or popular. My personal opinion, This community will make u better and better each time u need help. And the courses from Papa Gate and Syn are very2 exclusive “Like learning with Frank Gambale” himself; in another way or term.., U r actually learning 1 to 1 with Papa Gate and Syn himself and Papa Gates explain all the course videos very well and in depth too as the courses go forward and etc… and u can be proud saying to Others that Yea u did fcuking learnt from Syn and Papa gate in this Community where both of them intentionally created this free SYNNER Community and courses or tutorials specifically to help ppl like us. But just dont give up… 🙏🏼Effort and some Sacrifice of willingness to learn and u be a badass guitarist in no time. Dont be shy to ask question in the forum community too! Plenty of great and knowledgeable ppl here. And they are warm and prompt to answer too. Lets go buddy. Every time u get better you hv to drink 1 shot aite. (So you know) Deal.? (Joking2)… warm welcome dude. 😊✊🤘🐰🐇🐇🐇🐰 - Peace out; Riff36 (Silly Rabbit)

Reactions: hades

hades

• Dec 13, 2021
    Welcome brotha! It doesnt matter wether u r new or a legend in your society or popular. My personal opinion, This community will make u better and better each time u need help. And the courses from Papa Gate and Syn are very2 exclusive “Like learning with Frank Gambale” himself; in another way or term.., U r actually learning 1 to 1 with Papa Gate and Syn himself and Papa Gates explain all the course videos very well and in depth too as the courses go forward and etc… and u can be proud saying to Others that Yea u did fcuking learnt from Syn and Papa gate in this Community where both of them intentionally created this free SYNNER Community and courses or tutorials specifically to help ppl like us. But just dont give up… 🙏🏼Effort and some Sacrifice of willingness to learn and u be a badass guitarist in no time. Dont be shy to ask question in the forum community too! Plenty of great and knowledgeable ppl here. And they are warm and prompt to answer too. Lets go buddy. Every time u get better you hv to drink 1 shot aite. (So you know) Deal.? (Joking2)… warm welcome dude. 😊✊🤘🐰🐇🐇🐇🐰 - Peace out; Riff36 (Silly Rabbit)
    I appreciate that man. Learning guitar has been something I’ve wanted to do for a longgg time, and I’m glad I finally am. I remember being back in grade school and drooling over the Syn Custom. Needless to say nothing has changed lol.

Also a shot a day keeps the doctor away, I’m pretty sure. I’m looking forward to participating anyway I can. Slowly I’ll get better and hopefully this time next year I’ll be posting an Afterlife cover.

• Love
    Reactions: Riff36

Riff36

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Jan 2, 2022
    🇸🇬 Singapore 🇸🇬
    I appreciate that man. Learning guitar has been something I’ve wanted to do for a longgg time, and I’m glad I finally am. I remember being back in grade school and drooling over the Syn Custom. Needless to say nothing has changed lol.

Also a shot a day keeps the doctor away, I’m pretty sure. I’m looking forward to participating anyway I can. Slowly I’ll get better and hopefully this time next year I’ll be posting an Afterlife cover.

Fcuk yea!! Go for it. We are all here to support u in ur new adventure journey.! Trust me all Artist we looked upon were like us at 1 point. So u never know maybe u will be the next generation Artist where ppl look up at u and all man.! We can’t predict the future but we can strive to be one. My philosophy and motto “ Treat urself as an Artist even if u aren’t” its like mental replacement so you will start having ur own style , image and etc. No doubt when it comes to influences.. Syn will always be 1 of them man!

Pece out - Riff36 (Silly Rabbit) ☺️🤘✊🐇🐰🐰🐰🐇

Synner Endless Summer Collection