• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hello, friends!!

Anthony Peña

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Denton, TX
    My name is Anthony, and I've been learning from this site for over a year now, but I was never able to be as active or involved as I wanted.
    To sum it up, I didn't have a computer, so I had to use my phone to watch lessons and I had a lot of trouble with missing backing tracks on lessons and being able to post videos. Now I have a laptop, and I'm able to load lessons and interact with the site a lot more fluently, so, hell yeah!

When I was first learning I was self-taught, and picked up a lot of bad habits. I relied on YouTube and random people who claimed to know guitar, when they really didn't. I used to have literal daydreams of Syn being my teacher, showing me how much of a dumbass I was at playing guitar, and helping me become a fucking shred-master. So once this site launched, I was ecstatic. Granted, I had to unlearn a lot of ingrained improper technique, but it was well-worth the struggle. I had a friend I met at the college I'm attending help me out (he's a Jazz Studies Major!), so I'm forever grateful to him, as well as @Jak Angelescu for being such an inspiration and amazing help. I would annoy her with videos of me playing and questions about guitar, and she'd give me genuinely helpful feedback- not to mention she's an absolute beast at guitar. Thank you so much, Jak!

Alright, this post is getting long enough, sorry. Here's to the next generation of epic guitarists!
    Thank you so much Syn and Papa Gates!

GhostShadowMG

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 25, 2019
    Existential Hell
    Love all those new faces posting about their guitar Journey 😊
    Glad you enjoy this school so much. It really is a miracle! I Hope you will now also annoy the Rest of us with Videos of you playing ;)

O i got some in my profile. But i do not know how to post my albums in the original songs and covers or whatever. Feel free to give me a click to receive some instant irritation lol

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Anthony Peña

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Denton, TX
    Welcome to the family Anthony. As someone who also recently got back to studying guitar, I know how you feel, even though my reasons for not being involved were different than yours.

You're gonna love it here and there is so much to learn :D.
    Thanks man, I'm excited to be a part of this community. Good luck with your studies!

Reactions: Andrew Milner
    Synner Endless Summer Collection