• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hello! I signed up last week.

megalizzie

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2021
    Virginia
    Hi everyone! My name is Lizzie and I joined last week. I don’t have much guitar experience so I figured if anyone could teach me, it’s Papa Gates!
    I am a classically trained violinist and I still love to play my violin, but I wanted to learn something new and enjoy creating music from a different angle. I’ve never been able to do the rock n roll thing as an orchestral violinist but I’ve always wanted to, so I’m here to learn! 🤘

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    YESSS SOMEONE ELSE WHO PLAYS A CLASSICAL INSTRUMENT!!!

i play the cello myself and honestly, I think you’re going to love guitar. Plus at least, you already have some dexterity developed with your left hand!

welcome Lizzie! I am really thrilled that you joined us, you’ll find this community very welcoming and if you ever have any question, don’t hesitate to reach out as there will always be someone who’ll answer 😊

I’ll be seeing around :syngates:

• Love
    Reactions: megalizzie

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Hello Lizzie!

I do know a violinist in Robin Nolan's gypsy jazz club who plays stuff Robin Nolan teaches on guitar and it's pretty cool!

I'm sure you can both find the guitar help you need and some inspiration for your violin too(maybe even play some of Syn's etudes on a violin 😳)

• Love

guitar man

New Student
    Nov 17, 2021
    Hi Lizzie. As you can tell i love Syn Gates, and am ready for class.

Attachments

• download (96).jpeg
      download (96).jpeg
      5.5 KB · Views: 104
    Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Hi everyone! My name is Lizzie and I joined last week. I don’t have much guitar experience so I figured if anyone could teach me, it’s Papa Gates!
    I am a classically trained violinist and I still love to play my violin, but I wanted to learn something new and enjoy creating music from a different angle. I’ve never been able to do the rock n roll thing as an orchestral violinist but I’ve always wanted to, so I’m here to learn! 🤘
    Welcome, Lizzie! You're gonna love it here, we have so many awesome and helpful students here! If you ever need anything, please do feel free to ask! 🤘💀🤘

• Love

megalizzie

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2021
    Virginia
    Welcome, Lizzie! You're gonna love it here, we have so many awesome and helpful students here! If you ever need anything, please do feel free to ask! 🤘💀🤘
    Thanks so much! Everyone has seemed really cool so far. I have been lurking around for about a week and decided I would be brave and venture out of the lessons into the forum, and look, everyone is cool!

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Welcome Lizzie! Yes, I can teach you - but even better - we have a community to help you when you get stuck!
    Get involved. Ask questions. (And don't be afraid to ask "beginner" questions). Everyone is here to help.
    We are all on the same path. Some of us are just further along that path.
    Have fun!!!
    pg

megalizzie

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2021
    Virginia
    Welcome! With your background, you should pick things up quickly, and hopefully you'll also be able to manage how less RIGID things are in the rock world. Enjoy!
    Thank you! That’s something I’ve noticed right off - the flexibility. It’s kind of fun (and a little scary!) to have the freedom of “if it sounds good to you, go with it!”

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith

megalizzie

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2021
    Virginia
    YESSS SOMEONE ELSE WHO PLAYS A CLASSICAL INSTRUMENT!!!

i play the cello myself and honestly, I think you’re going to love guitar. Plus at least, you already have some dexterity developed with your left hand!

welcome Lizzie! I am really thrilled that you joined us, you’ll find this community very welcoming and if you ever have any question, don’t hesitate to reach out as there will always be someone who’ll answer 😊

I’ll be seeing around :syngates:
    The cello is SO MAGICAL! Such beautiful rich sound.
    And yes, my left hand is working great but also protesting - I am trying to convince my tiny, tiny violinist fingers to STRETCH and reach for the chords 😂 All in time. It’s so fun to start learning again.

megalizzie

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2021
    Virginia
    Hello Lizzie!

I do know a violinist in Robin Nolan's gypsy jazz club who plays stuff Robin Nolan teaches on guitar and it's pretty cool!

I'm sure you can both find the guitar help you need and some inspiration for your violin too(maybe even play some of Syn's etudes on a violin 😳)
    Hi!
    I just looked up one of Syn’s etudes and you’re right, that would be killer on the violin. So I’ll learn guitar from everyone AND get more violin inspiration too!
    I have 40 more minutes of work but I’m so ready to go practice 😂

• Love
    Reactions: idssdi

megalizzie

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2021
    Virginia
    Welcome Lizzie! I'm so excited to have a classically trained violinist in here! I hope we can see both your guitar videos as well as your violin videos because although I don't play violin, it's one of my favorite instruments!
    Hey there!!
    I’m going to make an honest effort to record myself learning guitar so I can benefit from the community help, and I would love to share some violin with you too 🤗 thanks for being so darn nice!