• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hello New Family!

general_ak47

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Apr 2, 2020
Ontario, Canada
My name is Aaron and I am from Ontario, Canada. I have been playing guitar for 26 years, bass for 20 years and I am able to program drums and not have played on a kit. I have been a member of this site now since April and before I wanted to introduce myself I just wanted to get a feel for the site first. It is refreshing to see a place that people can go to learn and not be made to feel like a compete idiot. I would like to thank the entire site for that as it makes me want to be apart of this family more as well as be more active with the forum and meeting new people.

I have been in 3 different bands since the time i was 16, 2 of which I was a co founder of and wrote 90% of the music. I mainly enjoy playing heavy metal but my listening taste is more broad. I can listen to Darkest Hour one minute and be okay with throwing on some George Jones right after. I cant stand pop music or rap.

My main reason for coming to this site is to learn a lot of the things being self taught has eluded me, such as theory and how to properly play lead guitar. I felt ashamed that I couldn't focus hard enough growing up to learn this stuff properly and I scoured the internet for help and all I got was videos and instructions with all flash and no substance..nothing was able to get through. So i found this site in my hunt and by the time I gotten through the lesson on how a chord is basically created I learned somethings that I was never able to understand. then a few lessons after that I had learned another new thing I hadn't before. I actually have confidence back again and even though I may have to watch a video 3 or 4 times for it to finally make sense I am happy that this site is available and judgement free.

Thank you to the Haner's for putting this site together as well as everyone who works to make this site possible. I am telling anyone I know who is serious about learning for the first time or just looking to brush up on their skills.

Thank you again and I look forward to meeting everyone.

- Aaron

Synner Endless Summer Collection
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Didnt even know we had a 404. LOL

But yeah.. im western but not too West. London is a hour away. But i also dont have a jam hall.. but i have a place big enough to hold people for a jam session (like sleep over night or whatever).. if you guys legit were down we could make it work.

general_ak47

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Apr 2, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Didnt even know we had a 404. LOL

But yeah.. im western but not too West. London is a hour away. But i also dont have a jam hall.. but i have a place big enough to hold people for a jam session (like sleep over night or whatever).. if you guys legit were down we could make it work.
Im with you, had no clue about a 404..lol. But yeah, crazier things have happened. How old are you guys? im 37.