• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hello

Sébastien St-Vincent

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Canada, Quebec
    Hello everyone 🤘:cool: !!
    I'm Sebastien from Quebec, Canada. I am a beginner. I praticed with an LTD deluxe 1001. I sold it, because I wanted the syn custom-s during 15 years, so I made the move haha. I need suggestion for amp or pre amp. I'm doing more punk, metal stuff but I want to experiment every style.

Hope to see you all one day as a big family

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Hey dude! First of all, welcome tabarnak. We already introduced ourselves hehe!

But yeah man, depending on your budget, there is a variety of amps. so like for 299$, there is the Katana 50 that is really cool and versatile so you can jump from different tones around. If you want to invest into something more, there is always really cool pedalboards like for exemple the helix (which comes in different format) or there is also headrush or the boss GT series!

Sébastien St-Vincent

• Nov 11, 2019
    Canada, Quebec
    Hey dude! First of all, welcome tabarnak. We already introduced ourselves hehe!

But yeah man, depending on your budget, there is a variety of amps. so like for 299$, there is the Katana 50 that is really cool and versatile so you can jump from different tones around. If you want to invest into something more, there is always really cool pedalboards like for exemple the helix (which comes in different format) or there is also headrush or the boss GT series!

HAHA thanks bro! 🤘 :)

The thing is I already have a Laney tube LC30 100W, but I want to have many other sound. I don't know if it's really good or should I buy something else? maybe pedals or something like the Axe-Fx or Helix line 6. I'm a bit lost when we talk about changing sound.

Reactions: Rad Synner
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    HAHA thanks bro! 🤘 :)

The thing is I already have a Laney tube LC30 100W, but I want to have many other sound. I don't know if it's really good or should I buy something else? maybe pedals or something like the Axe-Fx or Helix line 6. I'm a bit lost when we talk about changing sound.
    Im not very familiar with that amp tone so cant say if its a good or bad one but even then, if you want to have a multi fx pedal, then yeah you wont really need to change the amp as the more modern pedal boards will act as amp simulator and other things so you could just use your amp as a speaker.

But as for piece of gear, see, axe-fx and helix line 6 are not the same thing (necessairly). They are both amazing piece of gear so whatever choice you end up with, you would be happy. But then its also about your budget and what you need it for. See, the axe-fx is a great piece of gear but can be quite expensive depending on the model. I know that the axe fx 3 for exemple is around 3000$ tax in and you can only buy it directly from fractal. No store sell them. (maybe some in the used market but they wont be cheap). Speaking about the second hand market, you can find axe fx 1 and 2 for decent price there so I would actually recommend going that way if ever. But yeah axe fx is an amp modeller of quite high caliber. it can act as an fx unit, sure, but its mostly used as a modeller. The helix is a guitar processor (multi fx) mostly focused on the effects, which are great. It does have amp simulation and such but I wouldnt put it on the same level as the axe fx in that respect!

But my actual point is this: buy the gear for what you need. If all you want is to have a good piece of gear to play around and maybe do a couple live shows there and there, then you dont need to buy the big pricey fancy toys. And the reason is simple, you can get exactly what you want by buying a helix lt for exemple, which is much less expensive. Unless you have unlimited funds which by all means, buy the fanciest shit around!

Sébastien St-Vincent

• Nov 11, 2019
    Canada, Quebec
    Im not very familiar with that amp tone so cant say if its a good or bad one but even then, if you want to have a multi fx pedal, then yeah you wont really need to change the amp as the more modern pedal boards will act as amp simulator and other things so you could just use your amp as a speaker.

But as for piece of gear, see, axe-fx and helix line 6 are not the same thing (necessairly). They are both amazing piece of gear so whatever choice you end up with, you would be happy. But then its also about your budget and what you need it for. See, the axe-fx is a great piece of gear but can be quite expensive depending on the model. I know that the axe fx 3 for exemple is around 3000$ tax in and you can only buy it directly from fractal. No store sell them. (maybe some in the used market but they wont be cheap). Speaking about the second hand market, you can find axe fx 1 and 2 for decent price there so I would actually recommend going that way if ever. But yeah axe fx is an amp modeller of quite high caliber. it can act as an fx unit, sure, but its mostly used as a modeller. The helix is a guitar processor (multi fx) mostly focused on the effects, which are great. It does have amp simulation and such but I wouldnt put it on the same level as the axe fx in that respect!

But my actual point is this: buy the gear for what you need. If all you want is to have a good piece of gear to play around and maybe do a couple live shows there and there, then you dont need to buy the big pricey fancy toys. And the reason is simple, you can get exactly what you want by buying a helix lt for exemple, which is much less expensive. Unless you have unlimited funds which by all means, buy the fanciest shit around!
    Thanks buddy, best explanation ever!!

• Love
    Reactions: Rad Synner

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hi and welcome, cool you have a Syn guitar.
    My advice (also) Boss Katana 50. I have it, i like that you can use it in a room, without getting in trouble with neigbours, cause you can choose different watt (0,5, 25 and 50 watt), 0.5 is still way too loud to put volume to max. And with this amp you can dwnload free patches, so you get a lot of sounds out if it.

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    Hello everyone 🤘:cool: !!
    I'm Sebastien from Quebec, Canada. I am a beginner. I praticed with an LTD deluxe 1001. I sold it, because I wanted the syn custom-s during 15 years, so I made the move haha. I need suggestion for amp or pre amp. I'm doing more punk, metal stuff but I want to experiment every style.

Hope to see you all one day as a big family
    welcome to the family!!!😇 well, i personally use the Boss Katana 50 [or 100] and its perfect. i recommend.

Synner Endless Summer Collection