• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Help a first timer for buying an Amp

1nonlyAzrael

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Canada
Ah yes the struggles of playing your electric guitar without an amp while hearing the notes you play clean everyday. Tbh i really need an amp and i miss hearing the distortion sound when my guitar was plug into a amp and i was hoping if anyone would give me pointers for my first time ever to purchase an amp and also could someone explain to me about cab packs and guitar pickups and why im asking this is bc i dont know anything about guitar sounds and i just came to the school to improve my leaning and about a month ago i want on the store and saw the cab packs and the pickups and i think i know a little bit of guitar picks up but not fully and to me the stuff in the guitar selection is the guitar and the cab packs and the pickup and tbh i want to start learning about what products and gear that i could get for when i play guitar to make it sound better and yeah so if anyone would tell me it would make me feel less dumb lol

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Anthony Peña

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Denton, TX
    Ah yes the struggles of playing your electric guitar without an amp while hearing the notes you play clean everyday. Tbh i really need an amp and i miss hearing the distortion sound when my guitar was plug into a amp and i was hoping if anyone would give me pointers for my first time ever to purchase an amp and also could someone explain to me about cab packs and guitar pickups and why im asking this is bc i dont know anything about guitar sounds and i just came to the school to improve my leaning and about a month ago i want on the store and saw the cab packs and the pickups and i think i know a little bit of guitar picks up but not fully and to me the stuff in the guitar selection is the guitar and the cab packs and the pickup and tbh i want to start learning about what products and gear that i could get for when i play guitar to make it sound better and yeah so if anyone would tell me it would make me feel less dumb lol
    I don't know all of the ins and outs of amps, but from my experiences at various guitar shops, I always find tube amps to be the clearest and most crisp sounding. Running a tube amp through a cabinet seems like a lot of peoples setup, and I may do the same when I can afford it.

Hope this helps!