• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Help me build my guitar!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I can try and help what ever way I can. I have done a bunch of partcaster builds. And I am working on another one.

Scale length, neck pocket shape and bridge dimensions are really what are going to determine what your choices are. I would say 90% of strat necks and bodies are interchangeable as long as they maintain the traditional neck pocket and neck bolt holes.

For your bridge you will want to know what the hole spacing is to mount it. those generally go into three groups. American six screw vintage bridge, Mexico and import six hole bridge, and two point. Plus floyd rose which is a whole other issue.

Good tools to have for this is painters tape, a sharpie, precision ruler, a chunk of candle wax, a set of good screwdrivers, sharp drill bits and a drill, hex keys that fit the bridge and truss rod, a small block of wood, sand paper in various grits, solder and iron.

Most bodies I See already have the hole for a trem Bridge. Can you recommend one that is reliable / probably fits the Most Common spacings on a strat? 🤔

Hiroshi Nakauye

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I can try and help what ever way I can. I have done a bunch of partcaster builds. And I am working on another one.

Scale length, neck pocket shape and bridge dimensions are really what are going to determine what your choices are. I would say 90% of strat necks and bodies are interchangeable as long as they maintain the traditional neck pocket and neck bolt holes.

For your bridge you will want to know what the hole spacing is to mount it. those generally go into three groups. American six screw vintage bridge, Mexico and import six hole bridge, and two point. Plus floyd rose which is a whole other issue.

Good tools to have for this is painters tape, a sharpie, precision ruler, a chunk of candle wax, a set of good screwdrivers, sharp drill bits and a drill, hex keys that fit the bridge and truss rod, a small block of wood, sand paper in various grits, solder and iron.

Hmm. So say I want to use the Harley Benton Kit Body, is it a problem to exchange the neck to a 21 Fret neck? Because I think the spacing of the kit is ment for a 22 frets neck.
    Then how do I find out which trem system would fit the existing holes in the body?
    Lastly, maybe a bit random question. Do you know if you can install pickups and all electronics WITHOUT them being stuck on the pickguard?

Sorry, I'm having a hard time starting this :D