• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Help Translate Lessons!

Hey everyone,

We're beginning to start working on translations for lessons and I'm trying to determine how many people would like to volunteer to help! If you're interested, please post in the thread the language you can translate and how many lessons you'd be able to help translate (in case we need multiple people for a language).

Thanks a ton and we're super excited that we're able to do this!

Anna.VG

Campfire Attention Holder
Mar 14, 2021
Mexico
www.instagram.com
Hey everyone,

We're beginning to start working on translations for lessons and I'm trying to determine how many people would like to volunteer to help! If you're interested, please post in the thread the language you can translate and how many lessons you'd be able to help translate (in case we need multiple people for a language).

I can help with spanish and i think i can do the ones you ask me without problem

but i´ve got a question, do we need to have a special program or something to do the translations or it just have to be in a regular document?

alexj

Community Manager
Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    I can help with spanish and i think i can do the ones you ask me without problem

but i´ve got a question, do we need to have a special program or something to do the translations or it just have to be in a regular document?
    The software we use for our lessons is asking for an SRT file for the translations, so if you can do that file format that would be great, but if not we can handle converting them from a regular doc :)

Anna.VG

Campfire Attention Holder
    Mar 14, 2021
    Mexico
    www.instagram.com
    The software we use for our lessons is asking for an SRT file for the translations, so if you can do that file format that would be great, but if not we can handle converting them from a regular doc :)
    ok! I can help doing it on a regular doc, that´s because one day I tried to transalte an interview in a SRT format but that ended to be a disaster and I don´t want to mess things yo you guys!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Hey everyone,

Yeah Amazing idea! I could help you with spanish and ucranian ♥️🙌

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    I think it's crucial to make an observation: to everyone who will volunteer for the translation work, it's extremely important that you have an advanced listening skill, regarding the English language. Because you will need to understand everything that's being said in the videos, in order to transcribe it and then translate it correctly. So, before making this big commitment, be totally sure that you will be able to handle it.
    P.S.: I am not trying to discourage anyone. I think the more people willing to help, the better, but it's important to address this.

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    I think it's crucial to make an observation: to everyone who will volunteer for the translation work, it's extremely important that you have an advanced listening skill, regarding the English language. Because you will need to understand everything that's being said in the videos, in order to transcribe it and then translate it correctly. So, before making this big commitment, be totally sure that you will be able to handle it.
    P.S.: I am not trying to discourage anyone. I think the more people willing to help, the better, but it's important to address this.
    This reminded me of a question: will we need to sync the subtitles too? Or do you already have the transcriptions in English synced and we'll only need to translate it? 🤔

Cause if you don't have this transcriptions, I think most of us will be able do it without a problem 🙂 but then as Anna remembered here, all the volunteers will have to keep in mind they need an advanced English level before volunteering.

Also, maybe there are people here who only speak English, but want to help anyway, so another option would be get those people to do the transcriptions in English and to sync them 😊

Last edited:

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    100% right!

alexj

Community Manager
    Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    This reminded me of a question: will we need to sync the subtitles too? Or do you already have the transcriptions in English synced and we'll only need to translate it? 🤔

Cause if you don't have this transcriptions, I think most of us will be able do it without a problem 🙂 but then as Anna remembered here, all the volunteers will have to keep in mind they need an advanced English level before volunteering.

Also, maybe there are people here who only speak English, but want to help anyway, so another option would be get those people to do the transcriptions in English and to sync them 😊
    According to the software we use, syncing will not be an issue we need to worry about! :)

alexj

Community Manager
    Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    Can I try one? In Dutch
    Does it have to be perfect and maybe have an idea on how to approach it?
    I'm worried I'll end up doing nothing
    Hey William, you can absolutely help if you'd like! It does need to be as perfect as possible so that as many people as possible will be able to use your translation to view the lessons