• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Help with a guitar and Amp that I found

Anna.VG

Campfire Attention Holder
Mar 14, 2021
Mexico
www.instagram.com
Hello guys, I need your help! Well I was cleaning my house and I found this electric guitar some weeks ago, I don’t know the brand it is so it’s a good one? Also it has old strings (and a broken one) so any cheap strings recommendations? Also I remember that my dad bought it like 13 years ago but never used it like a lot so it doesn’t matter that it’s old?hahah sorry, I’m so lost with this.

Also I found this amp in a corner of a room, how do I know if it works? I don’t know when it was bought soooo🤨help me 🥺

If I’m not incorrect I need like a cable to connect the guitar with the amp but I didn’t found it so 😬 what do you suggest?

Attachments

• 2538AC95-3853-484C-B294-63299ADA91C4.jpeg
    2538AC95-3853-484C-B294-63299ADA91C4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
  • D7D4AEED-E30D-4A9E-A473-F242D50B96EA.jpeg
    D7D4AEED-E30D-4A9E-A473-F242D50B96EA.jpeg
    945.1 KB · Views: 190
  • BFDB19EF-C33D-417B-8043-C72C5334E499.jpeg
    BFDB19EF-C33D-417B-8043-C72C5334E499.jpeg
    682.8 KB · Views: 165

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    From the looks of it (as well as a quick googling) it appears to be a basic bundle pack: which you get the guitar and amp in one. It’s on the “cheaper” side but that doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t play well or be useful for what you may want to do with it. You are correct that you need a cable to connect it to the amp. These vary greatly in price from like $10 up to $60-70 depending on what you get. I have a DiMarzio braided cable that was like $30 my husband bought many many years ago and it’s awesome. No issues.
    As for strings, if you want to go on the cheaper side Ernie Ball has a lot of great options and sizes.
    If it’s been sitting for awhile it may need to be set up, in which case @Ed Seith is your man !
    He can also tell if I’m totally off bass with my suggestions haha.

Last edited:

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Spot on, Alicia. I’d start with a 10-15 cable, to be make sure it works. The more expensive cables will last longer, but you don’t know if you need decades out of it yet, so a cheaper cable that will last a few years is a good start.

any of the major string brands will do - daddario, Ernie ball, DR, GHS - all solid enough. Don’t bother with any of the “magic” strings that offer exotic alloys or coatings that triple the price.

if you don’t have one already, a tuner will help. You can get an app for your phone, but a basic blue Snark is fairly cheap and exceptionally accurate.

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Anna.VG

Campfire Attention Holder
    Mar 14, 2021
    Mexico
    www.instagram.com
    LOTS of guitar picks.....you will be surprised how fast they disappear
    Ahahahha thanks for the warning, I’ll take it in consideration 🤓
    If we're living in the same country, I'd offer you my services to get that beauty up and running again ;)

That's a good guitar right there!
    Oh man I wish! But sadly I’m on the other side of the world :( (if I’m not mistaken)

Upvote 0