• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Help

dryurtears

New Student
Jun 13, 2021
Hello I finally got a custom s. But it feels weird to play it feels like my prs is better or something is wrong with my guitar. When I switch to bridge(synyster signature pickup) it sounded like an active pickup with low battery when doing some lead, but when doing chords its good. It feels like sustains are cut every note, its like playing on a super clean effects on distortion without the sustain. And I noticed something with my sustainiac it doesnt turn on(the harmonics and stuffs) when its full volume in guitar. Do you guys think something is wrong with my guitar its like 2 days old and I changed the battery like 4x

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Hello I finally got a custom s. But it feels weird to play it feels like my prs is better or something is wrong with my guitar. When I switch to bridge(synyster signature pickup) it sounded like an active pickup with low battery when doing some lead, but when doing chords its good. It feels like sustains are cut every note, its like playing on a super clean effects on distortion without the sustain. And I noticed something with my sustainiac it doesnt turn on(the harmonics and stuffs) when its full volume in guitar. Do you guys think something is wrong with my guitar its like 2 days old and I changed the battery like 4x
    Heya! Have you played other guitars besides those two mentioned before? Some guitars Take time for you to adjust to them.

To your Pickup Problem, the Syn Pickups are pretty high Output so that shouldn't Happen. Could you make a Video for us demonstrating your Problem?

Reactions: Robert Weiers

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Couple of possibilities BEFORE you consider the electronics might be bad.
    1. Noise gate on your amp/effect unit/plug-in too high a threshold for the new guitar
    2. Bad setup (if you play those same notes with no amp, does the STRING still ring out?)

There is definitely a problem, but we should try to eliminate local possibilities before deciding it's defective. What are you playing and recording it through and does it ring out with no amp?

dryurtears

New Student
    Jun 13, 2021
    Couple of possibilities BEFORE you consider the electronics might be bad.
    1. Noise gate on your amp/effect unit/plug-in too high a threshold for the new guitar
    2. Bad setup (if you play those same notes with no amp, does the STRING still ring out?)

There is definitely a problem, but we should try to eliminate local possibilities before deciding it's defective. What are you playing and recording it through and does it ring out with no amp?
    damn Im so occupied with the things I wanna do with the sustainiac that I forgot testing the noise gate, and yes it was my noise gate muting the tone damn stupid me :p that solved my sustain problem, but the bridge still feels like low output

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I've never used a Sustainiac, so others will have to help you there. Glad we hit the noise gate proper.

I've put a set of Syns in an Ibanez of mine, and hoestly, I get what you're saying about the bridge pickup, but I've not found a solution, or if it's normal for this pickup. People hear "high output" and think it means louder, but it really just tends to mean "more compressed," and this is (by FAR) the highest output passive pickup I've ever seen, so I'm just not sure.

Reactions: dryurtears

dryurtears

New Student
    Jun 13, 2021
    I've never used a Sustainiac, so others will have to help you there. Glad we hit the noise gate proper.

I've put a set of Syns in an Ibanez of mine, and hoestly, I get what you're saying about the bridge pickup, but I've not found a solution, or if it's normal for this pickup. People hear "high output" and think it means louder, but it really just tends to mean "more compressed," and this is (by FAR) the highest output passive pickup I've ever seen, so I'm just not sure.
    I see I see I think I saw the real problem, my bridge sounds bad when Im switching it from neck to bridge, but when I switch it from mid to bridge it sounds good so its like a minor problem with my switch perhaps. Anyway you've been really helpful thanks a lot!

Reactions: Ed Seith

Sento8851

New Student
    Sep 2, 2021
    I also have sustainiac problems. Like, it does not work at all in pick up mode. Only the sustainiac mode kinda works, but it weak on the harmonics. I found this video. The videoquality is bad, but he explains it quite well. Maybe you have to turn up the volume/ gain of your sustainiac. I am trying it atm, so I can tell you when I am finished with it.