• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Here to Prove to my Husband that I CAN learn guitar!

LScolaro

New Student
Sep 18, 2020
Niagara, Ontario, Canada
Hi All!

In 1996, my then to be husband sold his 1969 Gibson Les Paul for a carton of cigarettes and a payment on his Camaro. Something he has regretted to this day... He finally purchased a Fender to play around with these past few years. We both have been A7X fans forever and admired Synyster and, as my husband got better at guitar, his goal was to master some of their songs and get a Schecter Custom S. So, now the Custom S is on order and it's my turn to learn guitar. As a life long trained piano player, my husband doesn't think I can do it...I'm here to prove him wrong and gain the rights to play that Schecter!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Piano will give you a HUGE leg up on theory, which is very advantageous. Syn is quite the piano player, and as you study a lot of his writing and lead playing, the piano influence on the notes and shapes he chooses becomes more evident.

Plus, you appear to have never sold a classic for some smokes, so there's that.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Hey, I'm a little late to the welcome party but welcome to the school! That's awesome to hear that you're determined to learn guitar. Like everyone else has said and I'm sure you know this, knowing music theory will give you a hell of a step up when starting out. Like Dom said. If you've got any questions whether it's about technique, theory, gear, gigging, and recording feel free to ask. We're a friendly group of people that aim to help everyone out the best that we can. One thing that is great about this site is the media/riffs page where you can share footage of your playing for us to help give you feedback to help you avoid gaining bad habits. Anyway, I don't want to ramble too much. Welcome to the school!

Reactions: Alicia Willis

SkRiPTZ

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Aug 23, 2020
    Corona, CA
    Hi All!

In 1996, my then to be husband sold his 1969 Gibson Les Paul for a carton of cigarettes and a payment on his Camaro. Something he has regretted to this day... He finally purchased a Fender to play around with these past few years. We both have been A7X fans forever and admired Synyster and, as my husband got better at guitar, his goal was to master some of their songs and get a Schecter Custom S. So, now the Custom S is on order and it's my turn to learn guitar. As a life long trained piano player, my husband doesn't think I can do it...I'm here to prove him wrong and gain the rights to play that Schecter!
    You most definitely will be playing that Schecter!

Reactions: LScolaro
    Synner Endless Summer Collection