• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Heretic Solos

Maxwell Fuster

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I love the solo tone from Heretic off Hail to the King, but I’m not quite sure what effect is being used to achieve that sound. Figured it’s some type of modulation but I don’t know what. Was hoping maybe someone could steer me in the right direction.

D K

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Belgium
I believe you mean the part starting around 3:33? I’ve been wondering this as well, because it has quite a distinct sound that you don’t hear in his other solos. But I don’t really know anything about effects, could be a subtle chorus or flanger effect, or something completely different.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Seems like a very mild/light flanger effect. More than likely, it was added in the mix, either as part of Syn’s vision or the mixing engineer’s. This is one my favorite songs on the HTTK record. The riff is a good stretch for my short sausage fingers, and is fun to play.