• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hey everyone

CK!

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
My name is Cynthia and I consider myself to be a total newbie. I admire the heck out of anyone that plays the guitar and anytime I watch someone, I end up feeling inspired to learn but my self discipline leaves a lot to be desired. I am hoping that following these lessons and dedicating a few minutes everyday will help me improve and feel confident about playing.
Looking forward to being inspired by you all.

CK!

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Welcome, Cynthia! Definitely follow the lessons and stay dedicated no matter how disappointing it can be at times! The guitar is very rewarding. Merry christmas and happy playing 🤘

No kidding about how disappointing it can be. I have to remind myself that everyone I admire has those moments and the difference is that they push through it. Thanks for the encouragement and Merry Christmas to you too.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
No kidding about how disappointing it can be. I have to remind myself that everyone I admire has those moments and the difference is that they push through it. Thanks for the encouragement and Merry Christmas to you too.
Oh i understand! But once it starts to come together, and you notice yourself getting better, thats when the fun begins. And honestly you couldnt have better teachers than the people on the forums, as well as Syn and Papa Gates!

Reactions: CK!
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Welcome to the forums, and good luck with your guitar journey. If you have any questions be sure to ask, there is a wealth of knowledge to be drawn on from fellow members and remember, the only stupid question is the one that is never asked.
    Forgot to mention this! No matter the guitar related question whether it's technique, theory, recording, or other please ask if you have a question! There are people here who can help you no matter the topic!

CK!

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Welcome to the Family and merry Christmas!
    It is amazing what some Minutes every day can do - you'll See :)
    Also, let it be fun. As soon as you're some Lessons in Start working on a Song you Like and it will be more fun than Work.
    Let me know of you need some easy Song recommendations from the Metal Genre :p

Thanks you and Merry Christmas.
    Yes, bring on the recommendations!!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Thanks you and Merry Christmas.
    Yes, bring on the recommendations!!
    My Brother who also Just picked Up the guitar learned Sonne by Rammstein Within a couple of days. Rammstein is a good Go to as a beginner.
    Hit the Floor by Linkin Park is easy.
    Seek and Destroy or For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica are also fairly easy but May be the hardest from the list :)
    So enjoy learning and don't forget to Show us your Progress If you want to so we can give you Tips on your strenghts and weaknesses 😊

Kai C

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Naha Okinawa
    @cynthia kiio Welcome to the family. This is a wonderful place to learn and the people here are nothing short of inspiring.

Start with the lessons, and at the bottom of each one is a tip from Syn. Read each one because the man's word is golden. Any YouTube video will give you a lesson leaving you feeling like "no shit that's a g chord, I learned nothing"... But here you'll walk away with something more.

AC/DC is just one great band to start with for songs. And for real, start recording your progress!

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Welcome to the family Cynthia!
    This is definitely the place to be if you have the will to learn. Follow the lessons, and hang out on the forums and ask any questions that you have and you’ll be golden! 😄
    As far as recommendations go, Metal Guru by T-Rex is a good one it start with! The Rolling Stones also have tons of good repetitive riff driven songs that can really help when starting out 😁👍