• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hey everyone!

VizualSwami

Campfire Attention Holder
Sep 28, 2020
Vermont
I just found this site a week or two ago and I just took part in the live stream (my name was Laski in the chat). I am blown away by how awesome this community is! Not just the people the the team running it but also the resources you have available to help anyone learn guitar. It truly warms my heart to see all the hard work put into this site and to see how welcoming the community is.

But anyways here's a little bit of music background about me:
I started playing guitar around the age of 13. I mostly played a mix between punk and classic rock. My two favorite bands were Green Day and Pink Floyd (wild combination I know). I stopped playing for a few years but about a year ago my friend introduced me to this band called Avenged Sevenfold. Not sure if any of you have heard of them or not? Anyways the lead guitar player in that band reignited my desire to play and I've been playing every day since! I've been learning a lot of new stuff and even writing some music in my free time. I still consider myself somewhat of a beginner. Right now I am working on learning Unholy Confessions. It is definitely one of the harder songs I've ever played because I am not used to the style. I never used to play any metal music. I know it sounds crazy but I only just started using a pick (I used to do a lot of finder picking on acoustic and would strum with my hand) so my right hand is having trouble keeping up with my left. One of the first songs I learned all the way through with a pick was Nightmare, but I still can't play the solo :(. Hopefully I will be able to one day! So that's what I've been working on.

I can't wait to get to know all of you while I refine my shredding skills! Rock on :cool:🤘

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Hi, I've never heard of this band, I might use this for my next song name. I think I can play this song pretty well, maybe if you want some help, I can try.
    Post a video if you get the urge to share anything, it's cool! :D
    P.S. It's my first a7x song

Reactions: VizualSwami

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Welcome! It was great to See you in the Stream!
    Metal really is a different beast If you've never tried to Play it before but you'll get there! Maybe Go through the beginner Lessons again so you got the basics right. Like Holding a Pick or Palm muting.
    Needless to say we are there for any questions you might have!
    And If you Upload your Progress to the Media Page we can Help you with some valuable Feedback!

Anyway, can't wait to hear your Cover man! 🤘

Synner Endless Summer Collection