• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hey guys. Finally picking up the guitar again.

fatdjj

Free Bird Player
Oct 20, 2020
Played guitar in junior high and quit a few years in due to teenage need to rebel. Now with the world how it is at the ripe old age of 24 I'm picking it up again out of boredom. Didn't take me long to gravitate here when I found out my favorite metal guitarist runs an online school with his dad. It also didn't take me long to learn my first lesson either. Unfortunately the little 22 inch fretboard guitar I bought feels a lot smaller in my hands than I thought it would. At least it will make a good display.
I'm mostly worried about form and hurting myself. I have some pretty bad left shoulder issues that make certain angles uncomfortable and run the risk of dislocation. I'm curious if you guys have any pointers on how to teach my form now so I don't have to fix it later. Also a chair recommendation? I'm gonna try to take music serious this time so you should see me around!

Last edited:

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Hey welcome dude! Glad you decided to pick up guitar again!

As for posture, its a bit hard for me to say anything because you have a condition and Im no doctor but the main advice is that if it starts to hurt too much than take it back and try to find a new approach. As for chair, there isnt anything specific for guitars. I think its mostly a question of finding what would be comfortable for you and would help with a good straight and relaxed posture. I would also suggest no arm for the chair hehe!

If you have any question, never hesitate to ask :)

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Welcome to the school!
    For posture, because I struggled with and still do struggle with it, just stay aware of it as much as possible. Even now if I let my awareness go for too long I’ll catch myself starting to slump or my shoulders getting off level. But practicing awareness has also naturally made this less of a problem :)

Synner Endless Summer Collection