• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hi guys! Guitar noob here!

JBTheRooster

Garage band Groupie
Jun 17, 2020
Chunky, MS, USA
www.youtube.com
Hi everybody! I'm Jason Bradley. I'm a guy from small town Mississippi who is currently about 2 months into my guitar learning journey. Music has always been a big part of my life and I've wanted to play an instrument for as long as I can remember ever having any real interest in music. Specifically the guitar, and I think what really sold me on guitar was when I discovered Avenged Sevenfold. Which I believe was probably in 2007, making me about 11 years old. I remember seeing the music video for Afterlife on TV and I immediately fell in love with this band. I had to go find more of their music after that and after hearing more and more of it, I just idolized the talent and musicianship of these guys. The guitar skills of Synyster and Zacky blew my mind and since then I've dreamed of being able to do what they do. But up until very recently, I didn't think I could ever do it. Now, at 23, I have finally found the motivation, inspiration, and the drive to learn guitar. And I cannot wait til I'm eventually able to play some of my favorite A7X songs.

I can genuinely say A7X is my favorite band of all time. They're one of the first metal bands I ever got into growing up and they're one of the biggest reasons that I enjoy as much diversity in my music taste today. Regardless of who the "technically greatest" guitarist of all time is, my personal favorite is in fact Syn. Due to the special place Avenged Sevenfold holds in my heart and the pure talent that Syn has, he will always remain my personal favorite. I also am a huge fan of Papa Gates, or as he was popularly known when I first heard of him, Guitar Guy. It was quite a mind blowing moment when I found out that the epic guitarist touring with one of my favorite comedians was actually the father of my favorite guitarist.

I want to give a huge thanks to Syn, Brian Sr., and everyone who has had any part in making this school come to be. As a beginner guitarist and a huge fan, I was ecstatic to find out that this site existed. I look forward to learning more and hanging out with everyone here in the forums and such! If you want to know a little about who I am aside from just a huge A7X fan, go check out my bio for a little more about me. Thank you!

JBTheRooster

Garage band Groupie
Jun 17, 2020
Chunky, MS, USA
www.youtube.com
I loved this, Jason! What a wonderful indulgent greeting for us all! I know you're going to like it here a lot. I'm Jak, the community leader of this site! If you have any tech issues, confusions about the site, etc, feel free to reach out to pm me! My dearest welcome to you! Have fun with the lessons, ask questions, etc!
Thanks a ton, Jak!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Hey and Welcome! Thank you for sharing your Story with us! What PG and Syn created Here is truly amazing. We are a real Community Here where you don't have to be afraid at showing what you can, even at 2 months in!
    So enjoy the Lessons, ask us anything you want in the Forum and make sure to use all of this Site by uploading Progress Videos on the Media Page! The Feedback you can receive there is what can really Bring you foreward in your Journey!
    Hope to See you around 🤘

• Love
    Reactions: JBTheRooster

JBTheRooster

Garage band Groupie
    Jun 17, 2020
    Chunky, MS, USA
    www.youtube.com
    Hey and Welcome! Thank you for sharing your Story with us! What PG and Syn created Here is truly amazing. We are a real Community Here where you don't have to be afraid at showing what you can, even at 2 months in!
    So enjoy the Lessons, ask us anything you want in the Forum and make sure to use all of this Site by uploading Progress Videos on the Media Page! The Feedback you can receive there is what can really Bring you foreward in your Journey!
    Hope to See you around 🤘
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I do have a YouTube channel where I'll be posting progress videos so I'd be glad to share those here and get this community's feedback!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

JBTheRooster

Garage band Groupie
    Jun 17, 2020
    Chunky, MS, USA
    www.youtube.com
    Welcome, Jason! Dig in and don't be afraid to ask questions if there is a lesson you don't understand. Great bunch of people here who are always eager to help.
    Cheers!
    pg
    Thank you very much, PG! You and the whole team keep up the good work! It's amazing what you guys are doing here. It's an absolute honor to learn from you guys and to be involved in this community.

• Love
    Reactions: Brian Haner Sr.
    Synner Endless Summer Collection