• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hi! I’m Ian!

Ian Hayes

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Denver, CO
Hello everyone! I’m Ian. I’ve been a member of the school for a while now but I just discovered this wonderful forum.
I’m a long time fan of Avenged Sevenfold. I discovered them in 03 and fell in love at warped tour 2004, where I picked up STST and WtF, which have been on repeat ever since. My favorite album is The Stage.
I was fortunate to meet my heroes in 2005.
794FB890-DC9C-4CE5-9B9E-7004996820BD.jpeg

Like many of you, I was inspired to start playing guitar because of A7X. Recently my daughter has been loving jamming the Nightmare and Self Titled albums.

02A4C764-7ED8-4016-8E02-723457A79F54.jpeg

I’m a legally blind stay at home dad and we jam records all the time. It’s probably my favorite thing in the world to jam them with my kiddos.

I’ve been challenging myself with some A7X material on guitar lately, and as easy as it is to get down on myself about not being able to play a lot of it by now, I’m having a ton of fun Learning

I do a fair bit of original music as well. I just put out an album in 2018 that I’m super proud of (Other Son - The Darkness in Devotion).

My wife just got me this and I couldn’t resist laying down a sweet A7X inspired riff on it that I’d love to hear your opinion on.

10E712A6-9302-41C2-A1C1-486D69AF50C1.jpeg

Thanks for taking some time to get to know me. I look forward to learning more about all of you and sharing our journeys together.

Sincerely,
Ian Hayes
Denver, CO

Last edited:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hi Ian ! Super stoked to see you reaching out to the community side ! Being a stay at home dad is a TOUGH job but the smile on the sweet girls face says it all ! Your wife is fucking awesome ! Holy hell, that’s a beauty !
    Happy to have you here dude and can’t wait to see your riffage, feel free to post it up on the media section 🤘🏻

Reactions: Shade and Ian Hayes
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Hello, Ian! Welcome to the community! We are really glad that you're here with us.
    Your daughter is adorable! So nice to see that she's already enjoying A7X. That's the way to raise a child! 😅 and it's really dope that you got to meet our boys, and at that era! Wow! 🤩
    Also, I really love your guitar, man! Your wife is amazing!
    Anyway, the community is awesome and very helpful. If you ever have any question, you will definitely find someone here to help you!
    🤘🏻

Reactions: Shade and Ian Hayes

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Hello everyone! I’m Ian. I’ve been a member of the school for a while now but I just discovered this wonderful forum.
    I’m a long time fan of Avenged Sevenfold. I discovered them in 03 and fell in love at warped tour 2004, where I picked up STST and WtF, which have been on repeat ever since. My favorite album is The Stage.
    I was fortunate to meet my heroes in 2005.
    View attachment 1939

Like many of you, I was inspired to start playing guitar because of A7X. Recently my daughter has been loving jamming the Nightmare and Self Titled albums.

View attachment 1940

I’m a legally blind stay at home dad and we jam records all the time. It’s probably my favorite thing in the world to jam them with my kiddos.

I’ve been challenging myself with some A7X material on guitar lately, and as easy as it is to get down on myself about not being able to play a lot of it by now, I’m having a ton of fun Learning

I do a fair bit of original music as well. I just put out an album in 2018 that I’m super proud of (Other Son - The Darkness in Devotion).

My wife just got me this and I couldn’t resist laying down a sweet A7X inspired riff on it that I’d love to hear your opinion on.

View attachment 1941

Thanks for taking some time to get to know me. I look forward to learning more about all of you and sharing our journeys together.

Sincerely,
    Ian Hayes
    Denver, CO
    Such an inspiring story! Nice to meet you, Ian!

I'm Muz!

Reactions: Ian Hayes

Ian Hayes

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Denver, CO
    Super cool :D That guitar looks crazy! I think I drove by a Warped Tour concert once, I had to go to work. I think it was in 2008
    Is Southpark a real city? Maybe rhetorical :unsure:
    edit: is it hard to find the right frets without the dots?
    South Park is based on a real city which is not actually called South Park. I’m legally blind with 5 degrees of peripheral vision so it’s sometimes easy to get lost on the fretboard even with dots, but it’s mostly muscle memory for me.