• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hi, my name is Amadeus

Amadeus

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 25, 2020
Waco, Texas
Hello extended family, my name is Andrew “Amadeus” Still and i’m super excited to begin engaging with this community. I’m 23 and i’ve been playing guitar since I was 15; I’m still learning every day :) I currently teach guitar, piano and pedal steel lessons at Guitar Center in Texas. I studied Jazz Improv and Neuroscience at Baylor University but dropped out to chase my dreams. I also am a complete theory geek.

Avenged Sevenfold was the band, particularly Gates guitar playing (along with Buckethead) that inspired me to pick up the electric guitar and was the genesis for my musical passion. My first concert ever was also A7X which might have been one of the greatest days of my life! They are assuredly my favorite musical group of all time still to this day. I started learning from this school the day it came out but have never posted anything; i owe this website A TON. I recently acquired a deathbat club NFT because i want to contribute and really do my best to engage with this community on the deepest level i can. i can’t afford the fanciest ones, but i chose one that spoke to me :)

My mom sometimes calls me Amadeus because i have the same birthday as Mozart and i play way too much music, so it has kinda become my musical alter ego. I felt called to come and engage with this community and share the amalgamation of knowledge i have acquired in my journey, which has undoubted been deeply influenced by this community itself already. I also want to learn more and continue to be influenced by like-minded individuals such as yourself.

I have always been a lurker on the interwebs, and this is where that stops.

i plan to put up some videos/posts very soon sharing knowledge on topics that i have personally had a hard time finding information about including modal chord progressions, superimposing chords over other chords in a meaningful way, modulations, circle of fifths playing, and all that other really juicy shit :D

I also write songs in many styles from grunge and jazz to folk and classical piano; I have about 40 and i would love to share them with y’all soon and hear y’all’s feedback.

Anyways, enough about me! i would love any ideas on how to get as involved as possible and be as helpful as possible in the community so all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated :)

I hope we all become best friends and partners in musical crime,
Amadeus

PS yes i wear a cowboy hat all the time, yeehaw Texas mfers
B4FC826B-CA5D-4241-87CA-09747DCF6B71.jpeg

me like yesterday or some shit

3A080E07-3F0B-45B7-98BF-35BB1424BA48.jpeg
me when i was like 15 with my brother terrorizing guitar center with smoke on the water and sweet child o mine
5C228715-87C5-4620-A793-6A5BC1691B1F.jpeg
me with a foot in my mouth, enjoy 😂

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Welcome, Amadeus! I'm a bit of a theory geek myself. Feel free to share your knowledge with others. There are tons of ways to explain the same thing - as I'm sure you know. Sometimes coming in from a different angle can help someone understand a difficult concept.
Cheers!
pg

Reactions: Amadeus
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Saphyra

New Student
Dec 16, 2021
France
Hello extended family, my name is Andrew “Amadeus” Still and i’m super excited to begin engaging with this community. I’m 23 and i’ve been playing guitar since I was 15; I’m still learning every day :) I currently teach guitar, piano and pedal steel lessons at Guitar Center in Texas. I studied Jazz Improv and Neuroscience at Baylor University but dropped out to chase my dreams. I also am a complete theory geek.

Avenged Sevenfold was the band, particularly Gates guitar playing (along with Buckethead) that inspired me to pick up the electric guitar and was the genesis for my musical passion. My first concert ever was also A7X which might have been one of the greatest days of my life! They are assuredly my favorite musical group of all time still to this day. I started learning from this school the day it came out but have never posted anything; i owe this website A TON. I recently acquired a deathbat club NFT because i want to contribute and really do my best to engage with this community on the deepest level i can. i can’t afford the fanciest ones, but i chose one that spoke to me :)

My mom sometimes calls me Amadeus because i have the same birthday as Mozart and i play way too much music, so it has kinda become my musical alter ego. I felt called to come and engage with this community and share the amalgamation of knowledge i have acquired in my journey, which has undoubted been deeply influenced by this community itself already. I also want to learn more and continue to be influenced by like-minded individuals such as yourself.

I have always been a lurker on the interwebs, and this is where that stops.

i plan to put up some videos/posts very soon sharing knowledge on topics that i have personally had a hard time finding information about including modal chord progressions, superimposing chords over other chords in a meaningful way, modulations, circle of fifths playing, and all that other really juicy shit :D

I also write songs in many styles from grunge and jazz to folk and classical piano; I have about 40 and i would love to share them with y’all soon and hear y’all’s feedback.

Anyways, enough about me! i would love any ideas on how to get as involved as possible and be as helpful as possible in the community so all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated :)

I hope we all become best friends and partners in musical crime,
Amadeus

PS yes i wear a cowboy hat all the time, yeehaw Texas mfers View attachment 2739
me like yesterday or some shit

View attachment 2740 me when i was like 15 with my brother terrorizing guitar center with smoke on the water and sweet child o mine
View attachment 2742 me with a foot in my mouth, enjoy 😂
Hey welcome Amadeus 😄

Reactions: Amadeus

Amadeus

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 25, 2020
Waco, Texas
Welcome, Amadeus! I'm a bit of a theory geek myself. Feel free to share your knowledge with others. There are tons of ways to explain the same thing - as I'm sure you know. Sometimes coming in from a different angle can help someone understand a difficult concept.
Cheers!
pg
Wow hey! thank you so much for the lessons and website; its a huge inspiration. i will try my best :D much love and thanks again for everything.
Amadeus