• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar Higher

Jamie Twyning

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Again I hope this is the right place!
Does anybody have tabs or just general knowledge of the higher solo? All tabs online are transcribed poorly and I physically CAN’T learn it by ear there’s so much going on haha, I’m aware it’s based around pentatonics and few sweeps but I can’t figure it out

k.robert

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Poland
Hi, I tried to work this last pentatonic run out earlier by slowing down the solo like a billion times and watching the few youtube covers people made... Here is what I ended up with... Can't say that every note is 100% correct (specially the note durations) but pretty close I would say.

1649367159845.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

k.robert

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Poland
The second one is much more playable. The biggest problem with ANY Syn transcriptions is that they almost always get the fingering wrong, even when the notes are right.

The tabs are the same tho', the second one is just the whole solo.

With the transcriptions I totally agree... Whenever I'm learning a solo from tab, I'm comparing it with tons of live videos of the particular solo and also slowing down the original song and try to fix the tab or just redo it totally. Too bad that are only like 3 live Higher videos on youtube where more or less you can see which positions Syn plays it... but nah, until it is fun, who cares how you play it? :D

Reactions: William B.
Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection