• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Holding a guitar

I can relate to you my friend I too am left-handed. It might be a little awkward but you could try restringing your guitar upside down so it will be the other way for left-handed. You could try that but it will be awkward but at least it would be something. I had to learn guitar right handed because it was very difficult for me to get a left-handed guitar. It does take longer though. I always say if you can get a hold of a left-handed guitar do it because let's just face it, us left handed people think massively different and it takes a hell of a lot longer to learn right handed when we are left handed. But anyway I hope that helps you.

Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I'd say try right handed
But let's be real not everyone can make that switch.not every baseball play is a switch hitter. I'd keep an eye out for a cheap used lefty. And then save up for the good one that you'll play once you got everything down since they are so hard to find. You'll figure out pretty quickly which way is easier for you.

Reactions: Saphyra
Upvote 0

Saphyra

New Student
Dec 16, 2021
France
I can relate to you my friend I too am left-handed. It might be a little awkward but you could try restringing your guitar upside down so it will be the other way for left-handed. You could try that but it will be awkward but at least it would be something. I had to learn guitar right handed because it was very difficult for me to get a left-handed guitar. It does take longer though. I always say if you can get a hold of a left-handed guitar do it because let's just face it, us left handed people think massively different and it takes a hell of a lot longer to learn right handed when we are left handed. But anyway I hope that helps you.
Thank you very much, until today, I held my guitar like a guitar for left handed but it is true that it was sometimes very difficult to play some riffs (even sometimes easy 😅) because the guitar I have is for right handed people

Reactions: William B.
Upvote 0