• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How can i learn all scales and their positions?

Riff36

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Jan 2, 2022
    🇸🇬 Singapore 🇸🇬
    In my opinion and experience learning scales is thru pattern visualisation or cage system but understanding the maj2, maj3, perfect 4, perfect 5 and etc will be better and easier to memorise not only scales but modes and even the whole freaking fretboard buddy. It might take alil time but trust me.., once u nail it.., almost all keys u can hv that 5 position scales+Triad+appregio and etc. Happy practicing and don’t give up as the hardest part always comes 1st before the easier get easier. ✊🤘🐇🐰🐰🐇✊🤘

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Thank you so much!But this is just major scale right?There is pentatonic,dimished,dorian scales bla bla.
    Welll.....The dorian scale is basically the 7 shapes of the major scale..just emphasizing the notes that make the dorian mode....stumble around the school....Pentatonic patterns are in the beginner section of the school. And diminished is in the end of the intermediate lessons. Just look around the school there is a wealth of knowledge around here and its FREE.

MuhammetÜnal

Free Bird Player
    Jul 5, 2020
    Türkiye
    www.instagram.com
    In my opinion and experience learning scales is thru pattern visualisation or cage system but understanding the maj2, maj3, perfect 4, perfect 5 and etc will be better and easier to memorise not only scales but modes and even the whole freaking fretboard buddy. It might take alil time but trust me.., once u nail it.., almost all keys u can hv that 5 position scales+Triad+appregio and etc. Happy practicing and don’t give up as the hardest part always comes 1st before the easier get easier. ✊🤘🐇🐰🐰🐇✊🤘
    thank you so much 🤟

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    For Starters you should definetly Work your way through all beginners Lessons and ask questions If you don't get something. Then you'll see that pretty much everything is connected as @Christian Schulze already explained.

I also was recommend this Video a while ago, which I find really interesting when it comes to memorizing patterns.

Reactions: Christian Schulze
    For Starters you should definetly Work your way through all beginners Lessons and ask questions If you don't get something. Then you'll see that pretty much everything is connected as @Christian Schulze already explained.

I also was recommend this Video a while ago, which I find really interesting when it comes to memorizing patterns.
    thank you so much! 🤟

Riff36

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Jan 2, 2022
    🇸🇬 Singapore 🇸🇬

💯 % agree. ☺️🤘✊🐰🐇🐇🐇🐰

Synner Endless Summer Collection