• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How can I play easy to medium difficult songs by just hearing them one or two times?

Xan Aether

New Student
Nov 6, 2021
There's a youtuber named "TheDooo" who is capable of hearing songs and reproducing them on guitar, and they are usually between easy and medium difficulty (They don't have jazz chords or stuff like that) and I'd like to learn to do that because I think it'd be helpful as a musician. How can I develop an ability like that? and how much time does it requiere to improve on that?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    That’s years of using your ear to figure out songs, knowing basic theory and song structure.

You first need to be able to figure out at least one stand-out chord, and then know enough common popular music progressions to fill in the pieces correctly.

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Like th captain said.

That takes years of dedication.

Ear training, transcriptions (basically learning songs by ear and writing them down) of easy songs and then slowly onto harder songs.

I am still at the pretty early stage of this myself.....so yeah...it will come with time.

Reactions: Ed Seith