• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How do I avoid back pain while practicing?

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Possibly put your chest forward and try to press your stomach, could be after some time during practice you start to relax and slouch, maybe take time to reposition every so many minutes. Sometimes I tie a scarf around my waist at different heights to be aware of it and it also helped me with practicing singing some, cause I heard you got to squeeze/hold some part, I think it's called the diaphragm or something.
    Laying flat on the back on the floor with the legs up a wall trying to get a 90 degree angle, saw that from someone on here playing guitar.
    I have pain too and still, it's a constant battle.
    Maybe deviated some from the topic but these are some ideas and may not be helpful.

Upvote 0

Xan Aether

New Student
    Nov 6, 2021
    Possibly put your chest forward and try to press your stomach, could be after some time during practice you start to relax and slouch, maybe take time to reposition every so many minutes. Sometimes I tie a scarf around my waist at different heights to be aware of it and it also helped me with practicing singing some, cause I heard you got to squeeze/hold some part, I think it's called the diaphragm or something.
    Laying flat on the back on the floor with the legs up a wall trying to get a 90 degree angle, saw that from someone on here playing guitar.
    I have pain too and still, it's a constant battle.
    Maybe deviated some from the topic but these are some ideas and may not be helpful.
    Thanks, I'll take your advice

Upvote 0