• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How do I come up with a vocal line for this chorus?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Sounds very 80s very cool! I would probably switch it, the chorus chould be the catchy bit of the song and the fast paced part grabs my attention waylre in terms of catchiness.

For the orchestral part, I like it as an orchestral part but don't know whether it will work as a vocal line as well as it is working know. 😅

Reactions: Andrew Fernandes

Xzavier471

Music Theory Bragger
May 24, 2020
When I'm writing a song and I'm trying to come up with a melody for a section of it I'll usually either loop the section and play notes on my guitar until i find something I like and then work on it or I'll listen to the section a couple times and try to hum along to it and see what I can come up with.Hope that helps!

Reactions: Andrew Fernandes

Edward John

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
UK
Man, loving the vibe in your songs.

As for the orchestral part, honestly, I think a haunting vocal melody would fit it best. Not fast-paced by any means, but something I dunno, that strikes you in the soul. Think "Gone with the Sin" by HIM. Something of that nature.
How about a vocal melody about drinking, just like a certain band from Canada. :)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
Sounds very 80s very cool! I would probably switch it, the chorus chould be the catchy bit of the song and the fast paced part grabs my attention waylre in terms of catchiness.

For the orchestral part, I like it as an orchestral part but don't know whether it will work as a vocal line as well as it is working know. 😅
Maybe I should use it for something else the orchestral.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
Man, loving the vibe in your songs.

As for the orchestral part, honestly, I think a haunting vocal melody would fit it best. Not fast-paced by any means, but something I dunno, that strikes you in the soul. Think "Gone with the Sin" by HIM. Something of that nature.
This song has gotten my mood so down I thought I was all-powerful and mighty and then BANG no idea what to do.