• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How do i go about this issue?

Dk6661

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 12, 2019
Missouri
Does anyone else have this problem like i'll start learning a song then about halfway through it i'll switch to a different song because i decide i don't want to do it anymore there's a lot of songs i started but never finished because of that and i also can't make up my mind on what i want to do because i keep switching between a7x, bvb, and bfmv all three of those bands have so many songs i want to learn but again i have that problem to where i'll start the song but not finish it then i'll switch the band and or song how do i cope with this issue because it's starting to frustrate me

Last edited:

Dk6661

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 12, 2019
Missouri
Do you get bored with them because they take too long to learn? If so you should learn a song that's more on your level and give yourself a week to finish it. You can also learn two songs at once so that you have some variety or combine it with improvising
I don't necassarily get bored with them i love all of the songs that i'm trying to learn i pretty much just start it then i'll stop then do a different one then go back to the one i started then i'll do that again then i'll just keep switching over and over again then it's pretty much just a never ending cycle my problem is i can't just stick to 1 or 2 things it's like a million things.

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
This is our predicament. Too many choices

I am right there with you.

I decide on a song. Hit a wall...change my mind.

Or which is far worse...stay paralized due to overload of choices too many cool songs out there ...which cheapens my love ..I love so many songs..but don't love em enough to stick with them XD

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Nothing to stop anyone from learning 3,4, 5 or more songs at a time. I've had to do as many in a short time for cover bands (though not songs as difficult at A7X, for the most part). You just have to have the self-discipline to keep coming back to them until you're done.

I find that once I know the major parts, jamming along to the original song helps me stay engaged and identify the smaller bits I still need to work on.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I don't necassarily get bored with them i love all of the songs that i'm trying to learn i pretty much just start it then i'll stop then do a different one then go back to the one i started then i'll do that again then i'll just keep switching over and over again then it's pretty much just a never ending cycle my problem is i can't just stick to 1 or 2 things it's like a million things.
    Maybe stick to a few songs then. Like @Ed Seith said it's okay to learn multiple songs. Make a small list of songs you want to learn and play through them all. Pretend it's a setlist? Take out the parts you need to improve for extra practice beside that.

Reactions: Dk6661 and Ed Seith

Lewis Gillies

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Does anyone else have this problem like i'll start learning a song then about halfway through it i'll switch to a different song because i decide i don't want to do it anymore there's a lot of songs i started but never finished because of that and i also can't make up my mind on what i want to do because i keep switching between a7x, bvb, and bfmv all three of those bands have so many songs i want to learn but again i have that problem to where i'll start the song but not finish it then i'll switch the band and or song how do i cope with this issue because it's starting to frustrate me
    Having an end goal and specific purpose to why you're learning the song certainly helps. Like say if you're learning the song for the purpose of making a guitar cover later on or jamming with a friend.

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    It's not really a problem, nor is it wrong to do so.

Once in a while, it's fine to 'take a breather' from a song and move on to another. It's like clearing your palate eating the same food everyday. Gotta have something different once in a while :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I think Lindsey is right. The songs are either told difficult and you get bored of trying to learn something you cant play. You wanna play a song but not spend all the time learning it. With that I say maybe stick to more basic..not really easier but simplistic. Or maybe just cover the rhythm instead of the lead sk you atleast get through the song.

Or you can always try to write your own. Its hard to get bored of your own music.

Synner Endless Summer Collection