• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

how do i play this or is there a tutorial somewhere on yt or this?

lazysniper

Free Bird Player
Oct 8, 2021
1682902889888.png
how do you play these please help i know its muted but still confused

Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    This is a basic octave.

On your fretting hand, use your index for the "5" note (D) and your ring finger or pinky for the "7" (also D, but one octave up). Lay your ring finger down a little bit so a teeny bit is touching the middle string to mute it. Then just strum or play it like a power chord.

If that explanation doesn't help, let me know and I'll do a quick video tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    This is a basic octave.

On your fretting hand, use your index for the "5" note (D) and your ring finger or pinky for the "7" (also D, but one octave up). Lay your ring finger down a little bit so a teeny bit is touching the middle string to mute it. Then just strum or play it like a power chord.

If that explanation doesn't help, let me know and I'll do a quick video tomorrow.
    To add to what Ed is saying here - when you're fretting on the A String with your Index finger, you can use the very tip of the finger to touch the underside of the Thick E string to mute it 👌 It means you can really go for it with your strumming

Upvote 0

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    this chord can move it up or down frets and it can be played on with the low E and D strings. Also on the upper 2 B and E strings, there's 1 more fret spacing, so then the pinky. it sounds to me like playing 1 string but louder, maybe cause it is doubled up.

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection