• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How do I stop loosing my guitar picks

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Tuck one into the strings of your main or only guitar like a baseball card in the bicycle spokes, or just have ONE PLACE you keep all your picks ALWAYS and get used to putting them there EVERY TIME. I can't remember the last time I really LOST a pick. (knock wood)

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    How do you Stop loosing guitar picks? Isn't that the eternal question?
    I keep Mine in one particular Spot whenever I Stop playing, kinda works for me. Also I have one in my Wallet. Some people keep condoms there, I say a Pick is the only thing you truly need. Bet Chad does the same!

Firsty Lasty

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    My way is to own so many guitar picks that I don't know whether I'm missing any of them. What I used to do was buy picks in bags of 72 and leave them everywhere. I stopped doing that when I switched to mostly using the Andy James picks.Those I only keep right here at my practice area.

Reactions: Kat the metalhead
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    How do you Stop loosing guitar picks? Isn't that the eternal question?
    I keep Mine in one particular Spot whenever I Stop playing, kinda works for me. Also I have one in my Wallet. Some people keep condoms there, I say a Pick is the only thing you truly need. Bet Chad does the same!
    I keep a small picture of Loki in my wallet 😂

• Haha
    Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    This is beyond dumb but I keep losing my guitar picks so freaking quickly I’ll buy like 6 at a time and by the end of the week I have 1 😂 any suggestions on where to put them when I’m done playing or how you guys store them
    My dad got a wood lathe back in July or so. After he had gotten some practice in he asked me what stain to use on his at the time current bowl project. I went with the dark stain and went back inside. Next morning he came in and handed me the bowl and said "here you go". I ended up setting it on my desk and put all my picks in it. I know some folks put their go to pick under the strings at the 1st fret or if they have a truss rod that screws down they will loosen up the far end of it a tad just enough to squeeze the tip of a pick in under it. Dunno if that could damage it though.

Johnny Pittman

One Stringer
    Nov 11, 2019
    California / New York
    This is beyond dumb but I keep losing my guitar picks so freaking quickly I’ll buy like 6 at a time and by the end of the week I have 1 😂 any suggestions on where to put them when I’m done playing or how you guys store them
    I have my picks in a place where I can remember where I can find them. I usually put them in between my strings, or put the on top of my dresser or put em in a little bag. But I really recommend getting a tin. I bought a James Hetfield puck tin with 6 picks off of Amazon. I usually take 3 of the same pick each and put them in there.