• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How do I stop sounding like a robot

Domi Kova

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
Hello my name is Domi i starter playing guitar about a year and a half ago but I have a problem when I start playing something more complicated I sound like a robot for an example I started to learn critical acclaim solo and I can play it but it sound robotic so does anyone have any tips or suggestions about not sounding robotic

Thank you for your time

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Upvote 0

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    • Haha
    Reactions: Autumn
    Upvote 0

Possessed Sinner

Free Bird Player
    Apr 6, 2021
    Czech Republic
    Hello my name is Domi i starter playing guitar about a year and a half ago but I have a problem when I start playing something more complicated I sound like a robot for an example I started to learn critical acclaim solo and I can play it but it sound robotic so does anyone have any tips or suggestions about not sounding robotic

Thank you for your time
    Use any type of slight string bend. Not even a quarter tone. Try to use more vibrato and don't be shy of playing naturally, it doesn't have to be perfectly on the time. Don't worry about playing few milliseconds behind. Add some feel to it - don't focus on having constant dynamics all the time. Try to improvise over things. It will help you a lot even though the improvisation will not be on a Syn's level.

Upvote 0