• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How long to practice?

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Not long enough. 😅
If I sit down to practice it must be around 30 minutes. I never timed it but I often play for hours and my aproach to playing songs is the same as to practicing.
Yes! Practice like you play is what i always got taught in my day job. If you put your all into your practice you’ll get it all when you perform in my opinion

Reactions: Lindsey

Jesse Salmons

Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
I try to at least get an hour in 4-5 times a week. Average is usually about an hour and a half. Some days it’s more, some days it’s a little less. Throw in a rest day or two and I’m usually feeling pretty good! Haha
Hell yeah man i wish i could do that but my job prevents me 🙄 screw having responsibilities! 😂😂

Jesse Salmons

Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
I feel that. I work for a record label and work a few days a week with a regular day job so some days it’s just not gonna happen haha but I try to keep the goal up as often as possible :p
Awesome man what do you for the label? I love my day job (pipefitter/pipe welder) but my main goal is to be in a well known band someday. Gotta put in the work first 💪

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I feel you on the work. I never know where, or hownlong of days ill be working its always week to week. Honestly been getting in s lot of practice time lately and i love it!

My work schedule is consistent. It's just also like.. 11 hours of my day. 9 there and a hour getting to and from. Soi have maybe 5 hours to my day to myself if I want a decent sleep. And some nights after work it's just not a good idea to pick the guitar up. Then the leaf games lol cant miss those. I have a lot of passions. The weekends are my play days. The most I get in everyday is arpeggio runs in a different position or key then the day before. Then the improv video which is usually one take a piece. By then the hour is up and it's late or I gotta leave for work.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Riff Vile

Music Theory Bragger
Oct 6, 2021
US
www.youtube.com
Just a quick question, how long do all ya’ll practice? For me it varies on how much time i have! If im having a real busy day i’ll get at least 30 minutes to an hour of exercises in so i make at least a little progress!
5 or 6 hours may be. I don't really count. but i always practise my both electric and classical guitar. may be it's more than 6 hours. because the only time i'm not practicing is when i'm eating and studying. ( I only study 2 hours 😅) .