• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How to exercise after accident(s)

Alina Peterson

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Germany
Huhu!

I had an accident 6 weeks ago and with all the injuries came a sprained hand and dislocated, crooked finger.
But all the contusions, abrasions and hematoma are gone by now.
It impacts my playing more than expected. I still have trouble using my hand. I miss the strength in my arm (coming from the elbow) and finger.

Do you have any advice how to exercise and get back to usual playing? I feel like I had enough rest and it irks me that I can´t move my hand/finger like usual.

Kind regards, Alina

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Huhu!

I had an accident 6 weeks ago and with all the injuries came a sprained hand and dislocated, crooked finger.
    It impacts my playing more than expected. I still have trouble using my hand. I miss the strength in my arm (coming from the elbow) and finger.

Do you have any advice how to exercise and get back to usual playing? I feel like I had enough rest and it irks me that I can´t move my hand/finger like usual.

Kind regards, Alina
    Go slowly and let your hand rebuild it's strength. Take your time with yourself as well and patience will be key as nothing can or even should be rushed.
    If the doctors or whoever told you that your arm/hand will be back at full normal strength with time, then that applies to your technique.

So yeah, for example for faster songs or parts, I would suggest for you to go with how your hand feels. If you feel like it cannot follow the normal speed then bring it down and go with the pace where your hand will feel comfortable and not strained. This will also be an opportunity to rebuild your technique better than it was before.

I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Must be really frustrating and I wish you a fast and good recovery and that you will be back to full strength soon! Don't forget to be patient with yourself though!

SimonEichinger

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 18, 2019
    Austria
    www.instagram.com
    Huhu!

Kind regards, Alina
    PLEASE go slow. Listen to your body, don't rush - it's not gonna do anything good.
    I wish you a quick recovery! :)

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Huhu!

Kind regards, Alina
    Rehab rehab rehab. Make fists. Or try to. When you are able to fully fist you'll be able to play again. Your fingers are not used to moving again. They need their muscle strength back.

Reactions: redlipsofdeceit
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    This definitely helps!! I broke both my wrists and takes a while until you regain all the movement and strength unfortunately 😕 squishy ball and stretching helped.
    I was typing this last night and remembered I slipped on a banana one time on my bike and broke my arm, it was kind of funny thinking back

Synner Endless Summer Collection