• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How's everyone doing??

Ethan Keeling

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Aylesbury, England
Yo guys!

I used to be very active here but what with work, a year of lessons with Bill and a lack of motivation i've been quiet. Hope everyone here is doing good! I want to try and get more active here again so hopefully i'll start helping to answer questions etc! I've had a look at the media section the other day and you guys are killing it! I hope all is well with you guys!

Ethan

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Heya! Doing fine, released a second instrumental, bought another guitar (that makes 3) and barely play guitar anymore LOL
    Honestly just lacking a bit of motivation plus being busy with my apprenticeship and leathercraft.

How about you? How was your experience with Bill and how does your lack of motivation affect that - if you still take lessons?

Ethan Keeling

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Aylesbury, England
    Good to hear all going well! I loved my first 6 months or so! I was in lockdown and home all day so played for at least 2 hrs a day. Once I started work I was tired and had less time so it became harder to do what was needed for the next lesson. Before long I had forgotten a lot of what I had previously done so called it a day after a year of lessons. No regrets. He’s an amazing teacher and I still speak with him! Hopefully you get motivation back soon!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Glad to see you back here Ethan! I've been doing alright. I've mostly been working on tweaking my guitar tones as of late and I've found myself playing the same riffs over and over. Trying to break out of that habit. Non guitar related things could be better. I live in Washington State and the past 6 weeks have had some of if not the hottest temps we've had. We had 2-3 days where we peaked at 116F sucked, no two ways of saying it. It sucked. Luckily we've got AC's to help counteract the heat while indoors though. It's also fire season and good god is it looking to be a brutal one. I think currently there are 6 or 7 notable fires on this side of the state that are giving the fire crews far beyond enough overtime. Luckily nothing is hitting too close to home currently. The smoke has started to flow in the last 2 or so days though which sucks. Smells like my smoking father's truck while I'm wandering around outside. But it could be worse. I think I've rambled more than enough. Anyway, glad to see you around again dude! I hope you get back your sense of motivation!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ethan Keeling

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Aylesbury, England
    Glad to see you back here Ethan! I've been doing alright. I've mostly been working on tweaking my guitar tones as of late and I've found myself playing the same riffs over and over. Trying to break out of that habit. Non guitar related things could be better. I live in Washington State and the past 6 weeks have had some of if not the hottest temps we've had. We had 2-3 days where we peaked at 116F sucked, no two ways of saying it. It sucked. Luckily we've got AC's to help counteract the heat while indoors though. It's also fire season and good god is it looking to be a brutal one. I think currently there are 6 or 7 notable fires on this side of the state that are giving the fire crews far beyond enough overtime. Luckily nothing is hitting too close to home currently. The smoke has started to flow in the last 2 or so days though which sucks. Smells like my smoking father's truck while I'm wandering around outside. But it could be worse. I think I've rambled more than enough. Anyway, glad to see you around again dude! I hope you get back your sense of motivation!
    Oh no I hope everyone’s ok that sounds awful. Stay safe buddy!

Reactions: Donovan Etue

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Barely touched an instrument in weeks. Not surprising tho after all the effort that went into nothing it seems.

Have new song ideas in my head it's just a matter of wanting to take the time to write them or play with them. It gets harder to do when you see people not wanting to listen to what you post or have anything to say about it.