• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I am new here...

Cleo.Black

One Stringer
Jul 5, 2022
Hello. I'm Cleo and I am new to this community, new to guitar and am really pleased to be here.

I've always wanted to learn guitar but life has this way of making me do other stuff. But here I am, ready to learn. Finally.

I grew up listening to Guns N Roses mainly (Thanks Dad) but I don't think that I ever loved music as much as when I discovered Avenged Sevenfold when Waking the Fallen came out.

Maybe one day I'll be able to play one of their songs... in about 25 years ha ha.

I am currently at that stage of choosing my first electric guitar which is tricky when I've no idea what I need... I am having fun looking though.

Thanks for having me.

Cleo.Black

One Stringer
Jul 5, 2022
There's everything here like a home base
Amazing. That is what I'm hoping for. I am currently browsing guitars during my lunch break and giving myself a headache as I have no idea what I need. I'm also being a bit naughty and going on looks. I'm hopeless. I'm ready to start the classes on here tonight and learn a little more so I don't end up spending a few thousand pounds on something that's not right for me.

Reactions: William B.
Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Amazing. That is what I'm hoping for. I am currently browsing guitars during my lunch break and giving myself a headache as I have no idea what I need. I'm also being a bit naughty and going on looks. I'm hopeless. I'm ready to start the classes on here tonight and learn a little more so I don't end up spending a few thousand pounds on something that's not right for me.
    There's guitar starter packs and also used stuff. The used may need cleaning or something else. A guitar tuner ( clip on ones are nice ) , string winder ( with cutter ) , strings ( light strings are maybe nice ) , guitar cable, guitar strap, guitar picks, cloth ( for dust ), guitar bag/stand/case and guitar amplifier.
    The things except guitar and amp could be between 2.50-20.00 dollars each I think. Not sure if I got everything down.
    I guess it's kind of a lot of things o_O
    Guitar is a bit difficult at first and gains incremental

Cleo.Black

One Stringer
    Jul 5, 2022
    There's guitar starter packs and also used stuff. The used may need cleaning or something else. A guitar tuner ( clip on ones are nice ) , string winder ( with cutter ) , strings ( light strings are maybe nice ) , guitar cable, guitar strap, guitar picks, cloth ( for dust ), guitar bag/stand/case and guitar amplifier.
    The things except guitar and amp could be between 2.50-20.00 dollars each I think. Not sure if I got everything down.
    I guess it's kind of a lot of things o_O
    Guitar is a bit difficult at first and gains incremental
    I am just so excited. I never felt like I could learn before but now I think I can. I am so inspired. Thank you so much for for list, that is excellent and very helpful. I really wish I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could travel to pick up a guitar and just carry on with the school 🙈 I just don't know what guitar to get.

It is my birthday soon so I think the extras may well be added to my list.

I really appreciate your reply. Thank you.

Reactions: William B.

Cleo.Black

One Stringer
    Jul 5, 2022
    Welcome ! We are stoked to have you here !
    The best advice I can give on picking your first guitar is to go in the store and try them ! Even if you have no idea how to play anything…hold them ! See how they feel in hand. Find what feels good to you and run with it ! 😃
    Thank you. That is perfect advice but I'm a bit weird. I so awkward. The thought of standing in the shop holding an instrument I canont play freaks me out so much! Hopefully in a years time I'll be buying my upgrade and I will March in and play a solo for the whole damn shop! Ha ha.

owen817

Garage band Groupie
  • Jan 24, 2022
    Fort Worth, TX
    Welcome to the group. As for getting your first rig, I would suggest going the used route. That way you can get started sooner without having to spend a load of money. As for suggestions on a guitar. I would say you can never go wrong with a Schecter Omen. Its what I use and it can do pretty much anything you need it to do. I would stay away from the Floyd Rose versions though. That just adds more difficulty in the beginning. Also get some new fresh strings, preferably Ernie Ball Skinny tops Heavy Bottoms. Also a variety pack of picks. A modeling amp would be a great choice. That way you have a variety of tones and presets to play with. A decent strap with locks. And most of all have fun doing it.

Attachments

• 20220209_183014.jpg
      20220209_183014.jpg
      816.2 KB · Views: 69
    Synner Endless Summer Collection