• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I can't get a good acoustic plugged in tone :(

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
It's not bassy enough for me. It also sounds like a little too much gain. What amp are you using and is it strictly for acoustic? My peavey has an acoustic setting that sounds nice. My line 6 acoustic setting is digital. But honestly that's cheating imo lol.

But honestly I'd sit down and try everything. It took me HOURS to find the tones I enjoy. And even then I'm constantly fiddling and adjusting. Most changes are to my rhythm. I myself dont have a go to acoustic setting. Never really had to record acoustic for real.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
What are you using ?
I can get a pretty nice tone out of my boss katana with my acoustic.
this sounds like the treble is a bit too high to me. Sounds like you need to up the mids and bass a bit. Just my opinion. I may be wrong lol
bias fx im literally gonna give up lol maybe it might be because i used electric guitar strings that it turned out crap.

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
Yeah I think you'd be better off using a mic like ailee posted about over trying to plugin. I think itll sound more natural. If you play with it enough you'll find your sound.
a microphone in the price bracket of around £150 is that sufficient? I used a Neumann that was like 2000£ wasn't specifically acoustic probably more suited for vocals. But let us say I use a microphone more suited for acoustic guitar hopefully it could have a similar effect. Hopefully.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
a microphone in the price bracket of around £150 is that sufficient? I used a Neumann that was like 2000£ wasn't specifically acoustic probably more suited for vocals. But let us say I use a microphone more suited for acoustic guitar hopefully it could have a similar effect. Hopefully.

Again.. I haven't messed with acoustic myself. I dont fiddle I just plug it in. I also no longer have an acoustic plug in.

Yes, the others are correct. Electric guitar strings would be too harsh and thin sounding for an acoustic guitar. Also the treble is too high, needs to be lowered.
Try changing the strings before you mess with the bass and mids, it doesn't seem like the strings have any natural "body" and EQ is not magic, it can't add something that isn't there to begin with.

Here is the video I made for Hector a few weeks ago, maybe it can help.
Let me know if you need any help.

Synner Endless Summer Collection