• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I just had an idea

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I think the shower is my magical idea fountain or something because I just had an idea.

I own a lot of tabbooks(ear training by learning how to sing works better for me personally) and I kinda want to go through them one by one after I finish the 31 metal minutes I still want to do.

What this means I'll be learning all the songs in the tabbook from the first song in there all the way through the last one. I've had this idea for a while but it just elaborated on it a little bit. After I know All the songs I will play them all after each other like some kind to check whether I know them well enough(like an x hour session just playing all the songs). After I've done it a couple times(like rehearsal) I'll do it live on Instagram as a kind of final exam.

What do you guys think?

I've put it in challenges in case someone would like to do something similar like with records or something.

Jacques

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 29, 2019
    IL
    Thats badass brotha, do it! Do you have any of Hal Leonard's Avenged tab books that will be in the mix?

I acquired the COE tab book 10+ years ago and always wanted to play it front to back. However here I am today still chipping away at the monumental task :ROFLMAO:

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Thats badass brotha, do it! Do you have any of Hal Leonard's Avenged tab books that will be in the mix?

I acquired the COE tab book 10+ years ago and always wanted to play it front to back. However here I am today still chipping away at the monumental task :ROFLMAO:
    I have city of evil, Nightmare and The stage and still playing with the thought of getting Hail To The King too

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I think the shower is my magical idea fountain or something because I just had an idea.

I own a lot of tabbooks(ear training by learning how to sing works better for me personally) and I kinda want to go through them one by one after I finish the 31 metal minutes I still want to do.

What this means I'll be learning all the songs in the tabbook from the first song in there all the way through the last one. I've had this idea for a while but it just elaborated on it a little bit. After I know All the songs I will play them all after each other like some kind to check whether I know them well enough(like an x hour session just playing all the songs). After I've done it a couple times(like rehearsal) I'll do it live on Instagram as a kind of final exam.

What do you guys think?

I've put it in challenges in case someone would like to do something similar like with records or something.
    Heck yeah ! I love this idea ! It totally be down to grab a beer and watch you jam for an hour !

• Love
    Reactions: idssdi

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.

What do you guys think?

i didnt think tab was a good thing

I really like the idea! As a challenge this could be about learning a number of songs you really like, with the purpose of building a set list.
    Of course, for each person it's going to be different, but you can set a time goal like "15 min set", "20 min set", 30 min set" and so on and keep adding songs as you progress.
    The end goal of the challenge would be to play your set as a livestream show for the people in the school or something like that.
    This is for sure a formidable challenge, like a mid-term goal sort of thing.

Reactions: idssdi
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I really like the idea! As a challenge this could be about learning a number of songs you really like, with the purpose of building a set list.
    Of course, for each person it's going to be different, but you can set a time goal like "15 min set", "20 min set", 30 min set" and so on and keep adding songs as you progress.
    The end goal of the challenge would be to play your set as a livestream show for the people in the school or something like that.
    This is for sure a formidable challenge, like a mid-term goal sort of thing.
    I actually used to always just j songs for like 1-2 hours at night but that kinda resulted in me not practicing that much at some point so I kinda stopped doing that, it's pretty fun actually. Maybe that's why I thought of this 🤔

Reactions: AGA