• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

i need some tips or advises on mixing and producing songs

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
hey guys what’s goin’ on? i want to ask you some tips for mixing, recording, or producing a song. i’m making a demo of a song i made here is the link The Wicked Game Demo if you want to check it out and tell me if you like it and what can i do to improve the sound quality, and the quality in general of the song, i recorded this without an audio interface or any real amp i just used an amp simulator. feel free to leave your thoughts about the song and the performance cuz its important to the creative process if im doin’ it right or totally wrong hahaha. and feel free to share with all your own songs too it would be really great hear and see with what you come for. PD: sorry for my bad english i hope i didn’t hurt anyone eyes haha i don’t speak english haha

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
It actually sounds pretty good. One thing I would change though is the loudness of the kick. I think that it is too loud, it “hits your head” and that can be very tiring. I know that this is metal and the kick is the thing that makes you headbang but listen to a few metal songs that you really like, you will notice that the kick isn’t actually as loud as you’d think.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    A good idea is to find a professionally recorded song that is sonically close to what you’re trying to achieve for your song, i.e. “I like the mix and how the drums and guitars sound in this song” or album. Listen to it over and over as a “reference” on the system you’re mixing your song on, so you get a feel for how the mix should sound on your system to your ears.

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Argentina
    thanks ed i will try that but i have a problem with the sound of the song when im recording and mixing it and with the final result of the song when i hear the final mix,they sound different for some reason. i.e. “the volume of the drums were lower while i was hearing it through the daw than when i was hearing the final mix i don’t know caused that :C

Synner Endless Summer Collection