• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I need to ask something about concerts in future

Saphyra

New Student
Dec 16, 2021
France
I saw that metaverse would do all things that we could already do in real life including concerts
I am going to ask directely, do you think that metaverse would make disapear the live concerts ?
Because honestly, I am afraid that we have to enjoy all activities only in metaverse and honestly it scares me
I need to see concerts in real life, I need to hang out with friends in real life
And I feel that all things in real you could in metaverse would not have the same feeling you could have than in real life
Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against NFT, some projects are really cool and even there is no utility, in art side some projects are beautiful
I am simply sceptical about metaverse thing
Maybe I am exaggereting, you can disaggre with me (we are not in Reddit lmao)
I just needed to say that because it's been a few days that this question is in my mind and stressed me and I didn't know how to say or to start what I mean

Thank you for watching my thread 😊😊
Take care of you 🤗

Last edited:

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    It's not the same cause the vibration and show + crowd. I read somewhere the body has like a electric current, it's same like magnets and gravity.
    all related somehow
    This example I didn't watch
    Also the body is mostly water
    So maybe it's like a type of therapy having the vibrations

Metaverse seems like groundwork for The Matrix scenarios
    I don't know much about it

this ones with water

snowflakes also have shapes maybe how they fall

Last edited:
    Reactions: Saphyra

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    It's not the same cause the vibration and show + crowd. I read somewhere the body has like a electric current, it's same like magnets and gravity.
    all related somehow
    This example I didn't watch
    Also the body is mostly water
    So maybe it's like a type of therapy having the vibrations

Metaverse seems like groundwork for The Matrix scenarios
    I don't know much about it

this ones with water

Thank you for answering ^^
    And I want to add that, it's not for only physicals feelings like vibrations that I want that live concerts continue but also emotionally, I mean, when I went to a Gorillaz concert, I was so happy and so hyped because I saw it in real life, I totally enjoyed when they played the music 😄

Reactions: William B.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Thank you for answering ^^
    And I want to add that, it's not for only physicals feelings like vibrations that I want that live concerts continue but also emotionally, I mean, when I went to a Gorillaz concert, I was so happy and so hyped because I saw it in real life, I totally enjoyed when they played the music 😄
    :D my bad, it's what I starting thinking about

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I saw that metaverse would do all things that we could already do in real life including concerts
    I am going to be directely, do you think that metaverse would make disapear the live concerts ?
    Because honestly, I am afraid that we have to enjoy all activities only in metaverse and honestly it scares me
    I need to see concerts in real life, I need to hang out with friends in real life
    And I feel that all things in real you could in metaverse would not have the same feeling you could have than in real life
    Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against NFT, some projects are really cool and even there is no utility, in art side some projects are beautiful
    I am simply sceptical about metaverse thing
    Maybe I am exaggereting, you can disaggre with me (we are not in Reddit lmao)
    I just needed to say that because it's been a few days that this question is in my mind and stressed me and I didn't know how to say or to start what I mean

Thank you for watching my thread 😊😊
    Take care of you 🤗
    I don't think this is a real possibility. There are a lot of things people, millions of people, and artists, love about concerts that don't work in the metaverse. I see a metaverse concert experience as one for one-off shows that are too expensive or otherwise can't be attended in-person, and also possibly as the next evolution of the "Live Concert DVD," where a recording is made in 3D from several vantage points and a purchaser could then watch it in the metaverse with friends or privately in a VR headset.

It will be several decades at least before we get to a metaverse experience that could rival the Matrix or RPO, but at that point, if it could be a real and genuine sensory experience with others, then sure.

But we're a long way from that. Maybe when I'm super old something like that could safely replace the experience? Even then, I'd rather be THERE.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Haha no worries 😄 actually Matrix is a good example of what metaverse could be like, I was also thinking to Ready player one
    Yeah like that, I saw that :D What if could be like that one day, but there's always upgrades so eventually maybe there's no external gear like virtual reality.
    Can be bad cause it's trapping oneself for safety, what if eventually everyone connected must submit to a Lord of the Rings type and turn all the electricity off

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    I don't think this is a real possibility. There are a lot of things people, millions of people, and artists, love about concerts that don't work in the metaverse. I see a metaverse concert experience as one for one-off shows that are too expensive or otherwise can't be attended in-person, and also possibly as the next evolution of the "Live Concert DVD," where a recording is made in 3D from several vantage points and a purchaser could then watch it in the metaverse with friends or privately in a VR headset.

It will be several decades at least before we get to a metaverse experience that could rival the Matrix or RPO, but at that point, if it could be a real and genuine sensory experience with others, then sure.

But we're a long way from that. Maybe when I'm super old something like that could safely replace the experience? Even then, I'd rather be THERE.
    Yeah at the limit, if we take the example of one-off show too expensive for many people yes I can understand and it could be an alternative one for people who couldn't afford the tix,
    (Honestely, I prefer the normal DVD 🤣 but it's my opinion)
    The problem is that it could add more illusion
    For example when I saw the Live LBC of A7X, I knew that I couldn't be there because I don't live in Long Beach and I couldn't afford a flight but it doesn't matter because I totally enjoyed and I feel so hyped to see the live even via a DVD
    For metaverse I wouldn't even know if I feel something real or not because it's in VR

After it's my opinion and my feelings, you have yous that is okay, I am not attacking you don't worry 😊

PS : Thank you for sharing your point of view 😄

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    Yeah like that, I saw that :D What if could be like that one day, but there's always upgrades so eventually maybe there's no external gear like virtual reality.
    Can be bad cause it's trapping oneself for safety, what if eventually everyone connected must submit to a Lord of the Rings type and turn all the electricity off
    Ooof yeah 😅

Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Yeah at the limit, if we take the example of one-off show too expensive for many people yes I can understand and it could be an alternative one for people who couldn't afford the tix,
    (Honestely, I prefer the normal DVD 🤣 but it's my opinion)
    The problem is that it could add more illusion
    For example when I saw the Live LBC of A7X, I knew that I couldn't be there because I don't live in Long Beach and I couldn't afford a flight but it doesn't matter because I totally enjoyed and I feel so hyped to see the live even via a DVD
    For metaverse I wouldn't even know if I feel something real or not because it's in VR

After it's my opinion and my feelings, you have yous that is okay, I am not attacking you don't worry 😊

PS : Thank you for sharing your point of view 😄

NEVER once thought you were attacking - this is the kind of question where there are no wrong answers and opinions are just that - opinions.

I see all your concerns, and I agree with them. Like I said, I think this could have appeal for people who CAN'T go to a live venue, for whatever reason. I also think that a lot of bands who did streaming shows during Covid got a stark reminder of just how much they love the energy and VOLUME of a live audience - real, live shows aren't going ANYWHERE, except maybe for pop artists!

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    NEVER once thought you were attacking - this is the kind of question where there are no wrong answers and opinions are just that - opinions.

I see all your concerns, and I agree with them. Like I said, I think this could have appeal for people who CAN'T go to a live venue, for whatever reason. I also think that a lot of bands who did streaming shows during Covid got a stark reminder of just how much they love the energy and VOLUME of a live audience - real, live shows aren't going ANYWHERE, except maybe for pop artists!
    Thank you for your point of view 😊
    Oh I am glad to hear that I didn't attack someone here 😊

Yes I agree with your second paragraphe, after each person who couldn't afford a tix has their preferences, it only depends of preferences 😄
    Some would see in VR whereas other prefer the normal DVD

Last edited:

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I dunno about that with pop they make mad cash at those shows. Like 600 a ticket easy.
    A lot of them haven't been live for a long time. With the exception of Celine Dion, every pop artist my wife has made me take her to has spent the majority of the show lip-syncing to a pre-recorded vocal track.

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    A lot of them haven't been live for a long time. With the exception of Celine Dion, every pop artist my wife has made me take her to has spent the majority of the show lip-syncing to a pre-recorded vocal track.

So what you're saying is...you don't actually like pop music that much :LOL:.

As for the topic at hand, I wouldn't worry too much. People have been claiming that AI might end music creation because you can actually create half-decent music with it, but it won't. And the Metaverse might offer some extra bonuses for...subscribing fans? Something of the sorts I imagine.

But ending music concerts is out of the question. It honestly gets tiring hearing about the latest and greatest thing (not blaming OP for asking the question, just people overhyping every f***ing thing in existence).